2: Back Home

I think the song above really fits Percy, it's called 'Oceans'...

Percy's pov:

I was pacing my room, thinking of what I should do. I know this might sound weird, but I'm thinking of breaking up with Annabeth and cutting all connections with the demigods and gods. I needed time to figure my feelings out.

I just couldn't walk up to Annabeth and break up with her. It would hurt to see her reaction. So instead, I wrote a letter to a few friends:

Dear Annabeth,

I'm sorry, no matter how much it hurts, I need to break up with you. I started reading the Bible, and am thinking of breaking off all contacts with you guys. Don't be mad, I just need time to sort myself out...Thank you, maybe we'll be able to get back together once I do... I'm a Christian now, and I'm proud to say so.

Percy.

Dear Nico, Thalia and the Seven,

This is more of a goodbye than a random letter. I'm sorry, but I just need time to think things through. Please don't come, contact or see me. Please tell the gods I'm breaking all connections with them until I choose to come back. I'll miss you, and Thalia? Don't be mad for me breaking up with Annabeth. I just need time...Alone. I'm a Christian now and am starting to think through my 'religion' of the greek gods through. Please understand. Please don't come looking for me or telling the gods, they'll not like it, but, I need alone-time.

Thanks,
Percy.

Dear Chiron,

Hey Chiron, I just wanted to write instead of say. I know this might hurt, but I'm leaving. And I don't know when I'm coming back. Don't contact me until I'm ready to come back. Tell all the demigods and gods the same.
Leave. Me. Alone. That's what I want, thanks for your great training.

Bye and farewell,
Percy.

I reread the letters which I wrote in Ancient Greek. Then I packed my bags and went out of my cabin. Nico ran into me.

"Hey! Where are you going, Percy?" I looked at him, dead in the eye.

"I-I'm going home. Don't come or try contacting me. Go to Poseidon's cabin." I said, not wanting to call him 'dad'. I knew that this was a little mean, but I just knew, that they're going to think I was crazy, insult me and say how 'good' the gods are to us and that I should be grateful.

We're basically slaves to those 'gods'. We save them and work for them, and in return we get to keep living our lives. That's not a deal, and that's nothing to be too grateful for.

God, the living one, God of the Christians, doesn't ask for anything. He doesn't ask you to sacrifice him, he just asks for your trust, love and faith. If you ask for something, he'll give it to you, if it's something in his plan for you. There is no 'working for him' stuff.

Nico looked at me, rage flashing through his eyes. He stomped away. My heart ached. I don't want to hurt them, but I knew I couldn't stay here. Camp was too...different. My view changed when I became Christian. I needed time. What couldn't they understand?

I walked out of camp and drove to Manhattan.

Soon, I arrived to Mom's apartment (don't ask the address, 'cause that's just so stalker like.) I knocked on the door, not knowing what she would react like. The door opened. Now, this is something I would have never guessed. Mom squealed and hugged me,