6: Hunted

Percy's pov:

Annabeth and I have been living in the apartment for 2 weeks, and I have already proposed. We're gonna have the wedding in 2 months. Meanwhile, we're going to work, living a normal life -- which we've wanted for forever and planning the wedding. Our style. Usually Aphrodite would be the one to design weddings, but this time we have control over it. We're planning it to have grey-beige wedding design. With white flowers and chairs. We think it would be best in the forest or on the beach. We already know who we'll be inviting. At least some of the people. Both of us are going to invite our colleagues and our families. We're also going to invite some people who we met on the streets and became friends with. And some elderly people, whom we met in the elderly home and the hospital. Annabeth and I baked cakes and cupcakes and brought them to the elderly house, and we grew close to a few woman.

Anyways, off the wedding.

Thalia has been repeatedly trying to get us to change our minds and go back to camp, which is one of the reasons why camp isn't invited. They'd ruin it.

Anyways, Annabeth and I have chosen to stay here near my mother, to ensure that the camps don't try to hurt them. And we like this place. We have a large balcony, on which Annabeth absolutely loves to make a garden.

We grow vegetables, fruit, flowers and seasoning, along with more things. We have about 30 plants inside and 40 plants outside (separately, even inside a single vase. So if a vase has 5 plants in it, it would count as 5.)

After the wedding, Annabeth's going to move into mine, making her room a guest room for my mother's and step dad's retirement, when the time comes.

Right now, I'm at the aquarium, waiting for my next tour thing.

"Ok, Mr Jackson, Thalia Grace, Nico Di Angelo and a few others have come for a tour." I groaned, how exactly did they find out that I work here? They walked in. It was Thalia, Nico, Frank, Hazel, Travis, Katie, Connor, Jason and Piper. 9 people. Yeah, so much for 'a few others'. I pretended not to know them,

"Hello, I'm you tourist, I'll be taking you through..." I checked the paper the boss gave me, "the whole aquarium. Call me Percy," I said, smiling, pretending to not mind having that many, "You know, usually smaller children come here. They are always fascinated by the animals, I'm surprised people 2 years younger than me or about my age still come here, other than work, of course.  Let's start here --" I said, pointing to a more empty corridor. There were 3 doorways, which lead through the whole aquarium, just starting in different places.

"So, this is the jellyfish section, where we're going to start," I started, like I always would, except not being so excited just for little children, after all, these campers are not really small anymore,

"You know why we're here, Perseus," Thalia said, glaring,

"Do I? Please, enlighten me," I said innocently,

"We need to talk." She stated simply, without much of a explanation,

"Why?" I said, trying not to sound anxious, My God is with me, I thought, which calmed me down,

"You need to start thinking straight. You're a demigod, Percy, not someone who's led the wrong way." Nico said, looking me in the eyes, as if looking for a weakness.

"This is the best I've felt in years. In my whole life. My mother's at peace, finally happy in marriage, Estelle's safe and happy to be raised as Christian, I'm happy and for once, normal and Annabeth's the happiest I've seen her. You're simply trying to take what's best for us and putting in forced things that only lead you to nothing." I simply explained,

"What did the gods do to you?" Hazel asked, with Frank nodding, after a few seconds, she answered her own question, "nothing!"

"Exactly!" I said, throwing my hands up, Thalia looked at me in a 'really?' look, "we saved them, we helped them, we did whatever they wanted and we sacrificed to them, what they gave us? The right to live! How is that a payment for what you did to them? They don't care, they never were there for us as children, nor when we learned of our heritage. They just asked for something then disappeared. I saved the Olympians and they just gave me the right to live. I did something they didn't like, they ignored us for a year! How does that not make you upset?"  I asked, explaining it all in a 'duh' voice.

Hazel looked like she just realized something, but then went back to her firm expression,

"They can't do everything for us, ancient laws, remember? Don't do the..." she hesitated, " Luke insident," suddenly everything clicked. I understood why Luke hated the gods so much. He had done many quests for them, we had to ask for permission to get out of camp. We were like prisoners to a place we call home...never though of that...

"Percy, you must come with us. Take Annabeth with you. Come home," Piper said gently, obviously charm speaking me, but it doesn't work on me anymore, I pushed her off,

"No, way, not abandoning the wedding." I said stubbornly,

"Wedding?" Piper said, shocked,

"Yeah, we're having it in two months," I said, looking her straight in the eye,

"We weren't invited?" Hazel squeaked in a small voice, I shook my head,

"Of course not. You guys would ruin it with your whole 'you are insane and a traitor' thing." I said, before anyone could say a word, I added, "since you aren't here for a tour, obviously, you should pay and get going." I said, turning around, from the jelly fish room,

"Pay?" Jason asked,

"Yeah, Jason, you wasted my time." I said, and walked off to the boss, who was at the receptionist spot and explain everything. He nodded and had them pay, then I went off to the local store to get products for dinner. Annabeth's going to be working late, since today is the last day for the measurements of the temple. Oh, I haven't explained yet?

She is doing the Solomon part of the museum, if you have no idea who he is, well, shortened version of explaining would be that he was one of the sons of King David, and he became king. He's quite known for his temple of God. It's in the Bible, but is part of History. Is known for being really wise. Annabeth's redesigning the temple inside, making all of the information of David, Solomon and how he fell from God inside. It's going to reach the ceiling, with fake clouds on top, which is also in the Bible. It symbolizes that God is on the temple.

I know she's going to do a good job.

I entered the apartment and started making salad, fish and potatoes.

Then I noticed a piece of paper on the kitchen counter, it said in red, dripping letters,

"You're Hunted"

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed it!

Please comment, follow, vote and share!