Pancakes

The usual, he came in with a smile, cuddling me in bed. I'm still sleepy and I don't want to face him with my breath smelling awful.

"good morning," he said. "what do we have for breakfast?" he made his face closer to mine. he smells like mint and lavender powder. his face was cold.

"can't you see I'm still in bed, I haven't cook anything yet," i tucked in. i feel like my face is really oily right now. he sniffs my hair.

"i didn't say you'll cook, we could order you know? how about some sausage muffins?" he said. i can feel his breathe making cute laughs that tickles the back of my neck.

"you're giving me a lot of options..." he started giving me sweet kisses. i'm totally not prepared.

"hm? pancakes then? with honey..." he said slowing it down until i gave in...

"and butter," i muttered catching my breath.

"alright, coming up" he smiled. his face...he's too angellic. i couldn't even imagine myself with him or him choosing someone like me.

everyday repeats itself and he will not go bored. he'd always do the same things for me, and would be so sweet...

"i can't imagine you with someone else," he said with a sad face

"what's wrong? don't think about that, don't be so selfish. I got friends, but you're the only guy I spend this with."

"promise me..."

"of course"

"i'm all yours,"

"i'm all yours too .."

but one day... he came in without cuddling me and he was on the kitchen making pancakes.

he almost didn't want to look at me when he ask "pancakes?"

i took the milk on the fridge and smiled back at him, "sure, milk?"

"i...can we...take a little break?" he said as if almost he's gonna choke.

i came near... his head was down and i saw tears coming out of his face. i felt his guilt. "what's wrong?"

"i'm sorry,"

i know what it meant.

he found love with someone else.

"let's have some pancakes before you go..." i told him.
"listen ..it's okay... you know? life is short... we should do what makes us happy. forget about me and think what's in front of you, that way, you'll be happy. do the things you wanna do with her, love her, care for her, everything.
you given me a lot of love, never in a day you missed being sweet to me, and cook me pancakes in the morning. I'm lucky to have you... but i dont want you to be sad because of me. i want you to be happy too..."

i cant help but cry...when he left.

i never told him about me. i dont want him to worry. especially when i told him not to be selfish, who am i to make an irony of what i said...?

it will only be in a few days...

i'll be gone...forever.

days passed...

he came back. he opened the door like he used to. he smiled. he tucked on the bed and cuddle. he said "would you like some pancakes?" he smiled...yet his tears can't stop on flowing over and over again.

the bed felt so empty.

but his heart was more than empty...