Chapter 20- Birthday

Eli had another dream, this time there was no fire, just the mirror him and the ocean. It hadn't said anything, just looked at him with those glowing blue eyes, that were really starting to unnerve Eli.

"Who are you?" Eli asked again, he lost how many times he'd tried to talk to whatever this thing was.

"Why are you in my dreams?"

"What did you mean by lies are ugly?" With that question the image smirked, and its eyes seemed to glow even brighter.

"So you didn't forget." The reflection said, it's voice a lot different from Eli's a bit deeper and somewhat older.

"No shit, I would never be able to forget that creepy ass dream." It just smirked now, it was finding Eli amusing.

"What did you mean?"

"What does it sound like, surely you can't be that stupid."

"Are you saying someone is lying to me?"

"Ding ding, you are no Einstein you know that right?" Eli just frustrated now, made a move to strangle the thing but as he does, he was met with an identical wave that submerged him.

Shooting up again, sweat riddled his sheets and the taste of salt water at the back of his throat.

Someone's lying to me.

Eli went straight for a shower. He walked back outside looking at the egg laying on his bed. He put on his clothes and then he heard a cracking sound. He turned back and looked at the egg, seeing a huge crack run down in the middle.

He grabbed the egg and ran out into the living room area as if the egg was boiling and placed it down gently in its bowl.

"JAVIER!"

"WHAT?"

"GET YOUR FAT ASS OUT HERE RIGHT NOW!"

Javier walked around the corner seeing Eli crouched over the egg like a madman staring at it with wide eyes.

"What are you-"

"Shhh! It's hatching!" Eli whisper shouted. Javier looked closer at the egg, seeing the cracks, his eyes widen in surprise.

A knock on the door startled both boy and all of a sudden Ethan, Elana and Akira all burst through the door.

"What's with all the shouting on a sunday morning? I was trying to get my sundae licke-"

"Don't even finish that." Elana said covering an ear, clearly not wanting to hear of her sexual activities.

"It's hatching." Eli said watching the silver egg with wide eyes.

A loud crack silenced the room and everyone held their breaths. Then there were sounds of... crunching? The gang glanced around at each other wondering what the hell was going on.

Then the egg shell flew apart and a red dragon appeared, it's scales shiny, almost as if glowing, it's eyes golden with slits. It was about 3 meters long which was impossible, there was no way that was in that egg. Its eyes locked onto Eli and it snarled, stalking towards him.

Everyone except Eli tensed, watching the dragon carefully, its head reached up towards Eli, and it sniffed through it's big nostrils. It breathed out and its hot breath fanned Eli's face but he remains standing, just watching it.

Suddenly it lounged foward and sent him falling to the ground, Javier got ready to blast it but Ethan raised his hands stopping him. Eli's laugh could be heard from under the beast, on closer inspection, it was nuzzling Eli with its head.