Chapter 30- Group C

Eli stared down at the ticket he drew, the golden C gleaming upon contact with the sunshine. All the students were standing out in the winter breeze waiting in line for their group placements by the field.

"I'm in C."

"Me too." Elana and Javier said at the same time.

"Come on! How do I get stuck in the same group with Javier?"

"Is he really that good?" Eli asked poking his head over Elana's shoulder seeing the same golden C on her ticket.

"Wouldn't you love to know." Heat rushed to Eli's face when he heard her response.

"Ha! I'm in B! I'm so kicking ass in my group." Akira said happy that she wasn't the unlucky one to end up with Javier.

"So am I." The curt answer came from Ethan who smirked down at Akira.

"I'll kick your ass." Ethan rolled his eyes at her comment.

"You can try."

"I'm in B, at least I-I won't be in your group." An unfamiliar voice said behind the group. They all turned around and saw Brenden and Leo talking amongst themselves, Leo's hand firmly held by Brenden's smaller one.

"I did not need to see a face like that so early in the morning." Leo said looking right Eli.

"Shouldn't have looked in the mirror then." Akira laughed loudly while pointing at Leo who's eye twitch in irritation.

"I'll see you in the prelims Javier. I won't lose this time." With that he walked away Brenden being dragged along with him.

"Akira, still think you're winning that B group?" Elana said a teasing smile on her face.

"Without a doubt, Brenden may good be a good Evoker, but I'm a better Necromancer. Javier is the one that should be scared, Leo's always right on his ass in the practicals."

"Attention students. The bracket placements will be sent to your phones within the next hour and please do not annoy me, if you don't have a phone you can pick up a printed copy at the staff lounge." Mr. Michaelson said, a permanent scowl on his face, talking through a magic microphone sigil.

"Well that's that, let's go back." They nodded and made their way to the dorms.

"We'll come over Eli's when we get the results."

"Wait- why is our dorm the hangout spot?"

"It's always clean."

"Okay Akira that's nasty, who even is your roommate?" Elana asked just now realizing they've never met her roommate.

Akira just looked at her, smirked and rab away to her dorm leaving the shouting Elana infront of Eli's door.

Ethan rolled his eyes and walked away causing Elana to start ranting about him while making her way to their dorm, now just leaving Eli and Javier standing outside with amused expressions on their faces.

They walked inside and closed the door. Eli was pinned up against it in an instant, Javier's lips meeting Eli's in a passionate, hungry kiss. Eli couldn't help but release a small moan at how good it felt to have the boy pressed against him.

Javier pulled away and sighed, "God, I've been waiting all day to do that." He expressed, his voice a whisper, deep and husky.

"I thought we were gonna take this slow." Eli said his chest rising and falling heavily, while gazing up into those deep blue eyes.

"I did, we hadn't kissed in two days. That's pretty slow to me mijo."

"Oh shut up." Eli grabbed his neck, his fingers touching the cool metal necklace around his neck. The other hand slid up under his t-shirt and he pulled him back down reconnecting their lips. They moved together sensually, slowly and in sync. Javier had never kissed anyone before but it was as if he'd been doing this for years.