Chapter 39- Hunter/Hunted

He stepped out of the shower, feeling like his body had been cleansed. He had to check up on Eli later today, it's been four days since the attack and everything was still a mess but the good thing was that they now knew that the intruders had been apart of a group known as Fidem.

He got dressed quickly and headed out to the infirmary as the students whose injuries were not as severe or had healed up quite a bit were now recovering there.

Eli had been moved there yesterday so Mr. Donia would have to visit him quickly and then head off to see how Tatiana was doing.

He opened the door and travels to the bed nine where Eli was laying under three blankets, staring at wall his back turned to the world while Javier was seated by his bed, his knuckles pressed to his jaw as he slept.

"Hey, how are you doing?"

Eli didn't respond, it wasn't that he didn't want to, he just couldn't. Just opening his eyes earlier in the morning was a hassle, that cold feeling that was in his chest spread throughout his body and now he was numb but shivering.

He'd heard what happened to everyone and he really could not care less, the only time he felt anything was with Javier's physical touch, but that too was beginning to dim and the heat was beginning to fade.

It was quite the paradox. His body was just vibrating with energy to go out and find Aurum but when it came to anything else all he could do was lay in bed and sulk like a depressed teen.

Javier had said that it wasn't normal for him to be this affected to losing a familiar and hypothesized that it was a side effect of being bonded to something like a Great Dragon.

"Eli we know who took him." That garnered Eli's attention and he managed to turn around but the heat from the blankets escaped him and he hissed. "They're a group called the Fidem, we don't know much but it's a start."

"I already know where he is. I can feel him, he's hurting and I'm laying in a bed."

"Eli-"

"If it's not about me getting out of this place then leave, I'm too tired for this." With that he turned around and threw the blankets over his head, subsequently ending the conversation.

Mr. Donia sighed and left the area, drawing the curtains behind him. Javier took that as his key to open his eyes and try again to engage with Eli.

"Mijo." Eli groaned out something inaudible and Javier assumed it to be 'what' while tightening his grip at the blankets. Javier knew something was up and it wasn't going to let it go unchecked.

"Look at me." The deep tone of his voice made him turn around begrudgingly and poke his head out from under the blankets, peering up at the big blue eyes above him, the falling sunlight hitting them just perfect making them appear to gleam.

My sky. My daylight.

"What?"

It only came out as a whisper but Javier heard him and pushed himself out of his chair grunting slightly but manages to stand using his arms as braces on the bed hovering above Eli's head.

Javier dips his head down capturing Eli's lips in a gentle kiss. The warmth from Javier's lips lights up Eli's inside but only for a moment that left him wanting more when the boy pulled away.

"When I get better we'll rescue him together mi amor." Javier says smiling as he held the boy's cheek in his hand, it going a little lower to hold the back of his head squeezing gently as he dips his head down again for chaste kiss. "Okay?"

"Mhmm hmm." Eli mumbles into the kiss his hands coming out of their bunker blanket and snaking around the neck of the boy above him.

His hands massage the scalp of the boy above him and he moans allowing Eli the chance to slip his tongue inside. Eli gripped his hair tightly, deepening the kiss while reassuring himself that he's doing the right thing.

Eli releases a small zap of electricity from his fingertips, rendering the boy unconscious. Javier falls onto him and he groans as he rolls out from under his frame and jumps out the bed getting dressed in his uniform that laid adjacent from the bed.

"Ready?"

Ethan opened the door, his uniform now black with the golden linings running down the sleeves. He reaches out and touches Eli's sleeves and the white slowly becomes darker until it's all enveloped in black.

"Let's go." Ethan's voice was even more guttural if that was possible, perhaps due to the crying he'd been doing in his sister's room or the fact that he'd spoken twice over a four day period. He was thirsty and he was going to have his share in blood.

I'm going to kill her.

***

When Javier woke up the sun had already set, the clouds had already departed from the stage allowing the stars to shine brightly. The air was cold, the wind howling as if it had been trying to wake him up for hours.

He groaned out sitting up on the bed and then his memory flashed.

He left me.

Javier shot out of the bed, not caring about how much moving hurt right now. The most important thing right now was finding Eli and making sure he's safe. He went outside to the hall and saw that both wards situated there had been knocked out as well.

He decided to find Ethan to see if they could track him together so he set off to the hospital with no doubt in mind that Ethan was there.

Rushing through the halls, he quickly approached Elana's room and threw the door open like a crazed man. It was empty save for Elana and Eis who laid on her stomach, sleeping peacefully ignoring the whirring and beeping of the medical instruments.

They did it together.

That panic and worry was quickly turning into anger and he was trying to put a wooden spoon over his boiling emotions but it didn't seem to be all that efficient.

The pain in his side was throbbing constantly but he would bear it for the sake of helping his boyfriend. He went to walk outside but a familiar face stopped him dead in his tracks.

"Lord Morgen?" Javier says, as he looked up, at the piercing grey eyes that beamed at him with what seemed like adoration.

"There's no need for titles when addressing me, afterall you're a 'Lord' yourself, and not to mention family."

"Sorry uncle Edgar, are you visiting?"

"Why yes I am, she's my only child afterall." Javier said nothing at that knowing all about the Morgen family dynamics.

Javier was getting uncomfortable. It wasn't that the man was bad, in fact it was the opposite, the man was nice and had taken to help raising Javier after the untimely passing of his parents and sibling but Javier had seen how he treated his son and being treated better than him made the boy feel very awkward in his presence.

"I have to get going, see you sometime uncle Edgar." The man tipped the hat he was wearing that hid most of his short white curls and his grey eyes glinted as they made eye contact with an emotion Javier couldn't quite describe.

Javier walked out the room briskly, not stopping to look back as the man dressed as a member of some mafia.

He walked out and went to find a piece blank of paper. After finding it in his room, he bit down into his thumb, the fresh blood trickling down quickly. He mutters an incantation and then pressed it to the paper. The paper began to colour itself with the outline of the island a glowing yellow dot showing exactly where Eli was.

The tracker he had put on him when they kissed was working, and he was heading straight for him.