Chapter 41

Death has always been my friend. But when death turned on me, I was terrified. I always acted as though I'm not afraid of it. But really, I only act because I know that if I don't, I'll back down, I'll give up. That will only lead to actual death. Screw actual death.

Ever since Wyatt's death, all I thought about was dying. I knew that I didn't want to live without him but... I can't give up knowing that I have a family who cares about me. I didn't want to. So if I could ever choose, I'll choose to live. I'll leave for my family, for my friends, for Wyatt. And more importantly, I'll live for myself.

Everything was dark. There were any light. OR was there?

I slowly walked towards the dot of white light, my footstep echoing behind me.

Is it even safe to walk into random light? Do I meet Elsa there? Ooh we can build a snowman together and ditch Anna. I never liked Anna. 

As I got closer, I saw a door. Am I playing a mystery game now? Is this like the movie It ? Will I find a headless body in the other side of the door? Where the three doors that says scary, very scary and not scary at all????

I opened the door and was greeted by a familiar scent- or smell. Whatever you wanna call it. Holy shit. 

It was Wyatt's scent-smell. Urghhh.

I could never forget that stupid smell of his. Not that wearing his hoodies and sweatpants helps. 

"Wyatt?" I whispered as a figure appeared in front of me.

"Valencia." he smiled and I ran towards him, pulling him into a hug.

He held me and and spin us around. "I miss you." I whispered. Wait. IF he's here... does that mean...

"Afterlife? Really?" Wyatt laughed.

"What? Mafia's real. Killing's real. Why can't the afterlife be real??" I frowned.

"I guess you can call it that then." He said, flicking my forehead.

"Am I dead?" 

"Do you want to be?"

Do I want to be? "Honestly, not really."

Wyatt smiled. "That's my girl. Come one. I wanna show you something." 

We continued walking. To be honest, I have no idea if we're actually walking. I think we're like walking in a same spot.

"Val, meet your mum and dad."  he said as a couple came towards me.

"Lucia. My bambina." Mum said as she hugged me. Dad, with his huge arms, held both of us to him.

I may not remember much about my parent but I have no doubt that this was them. 

"I'm sorry." I suddenly whispered as tears streamed down my face.

"For what, honey?" mum asked kindly.

"I should have found you. Even when they took me away. I should have find you." I sniffled. 

"OH Lu. You won't know where to even look. Don't blame yourself," dad said. "You were just a kid."

I shook my head.

"Honey, we're so proud of you." Mum smiled. "Look at you. All grown up. Young but beautiful. This young man here has been blabbing about you non-stop." she pointed at Wyatt, who was laughing.

Lucia, please be okay. I heard a someone say. His voice was far away. I'm sorry. I should have found out about what my dad had planned earlier. I'm sorry for being so rude to you when we first met. I'm not even lying when I say, after meeting you, you've changed my life. Please be okay. Please wake up. I would never forgive myself if anything happens to you after this.