Chapter 16

-Emiko POV-

"This year, at the beginning and end of summer vacation, we'll be taking a trip to the beach and then to the mountains!" announced Riko.
"The qualifiers for the Winter Cup start shortly after summer vacation ends!" said Hyuga. "It's important we use this vacation as effectively as possible. Let's give it everything we have! That's all. Dismissed!"

"Sorry, I have to go talk to the teachers about our training camps" said Riko and she left.
"Ow!" I suddenly heard.
"Sorry" said Tetsuya, he had hit Kagami with the score board.

"That hurt, look where you're walking!" shouted Kagami.
"Kagami-kun, please don't stagger around like that" said Tetsuya.
"It's his fault for hanging around my feet" said Kagami and pointed at Nigo, who barked. "Hey! Get away from me!"

"It seems we'll be able to take Nigo with us on our trips" said Tetsuya. "The guesthouse will allow it"
"Don't bring him! He's annoying!" shouted Kagami.
"Kagami-kun, you're so mean" said Tetsuya.

I held my hand in front of my mouth, I was happy seeing them argue again.
"One more time, everyone! Gather around!" shouted Hyuga. "We're currently facing grave danger. In order to make two trips this year, we chose cheap lodgings. We'll have to make our own food, which is where our problem lies. The coach will be cooking for us!"

"Huh? Is that bad?" asked Furihata.
"Of course it's bad!" shouted Hyuga. "At the Touou game, you saw her honey-soaked lemons!"
"That's not cooking anymore" said Kiyoshi.

"Why don't we cook for ourselves?" asked Kawahara.
"I wish we could, but..." said Hyuga.
"Practice is so brutal, no one can move at night" said Izuki.

"Wait! What if Maeda-san cooks?" asked Fukuda.
They all looked at me and I smiled nervously.
"Only if you like burned food" said Tetsuya.

"Hey!" I said offended. "At least it won't kill you"
"How burned are we speaking, Kuroko?" asked Hyuga.
"I'm right here you know!" I shouted.

"So burned, it crumbles when you touch it. And she never cooks meat, she's a vegetarian" he said and I sighed angrily.
"No meat?!" they all shouted.
They all stared at me in disbelief and they were scared for themselves.

~

Riko did a testing for the food.
All the boys looked scared and nervous...
"It's ready!" said Riko. "Curry"

'That's... curry?'
There were whole vegetables in it, the meat didn't look cooked...
"Just ignore what it looks like. It should taste fine!" said Riko. "It's just curry!"

"Emiko-chan, don't you want some?" she asked and I shook my head.
"Vegetarian" I said. "I'll cook my own food, I think"
I looked at the boys, who were trying not to show the disgust.

"Oh, that's too bad" she said. "Well, boys. Let me know if you want more"
She noticed the looks of the guys.
"It wasn't very good, was it?" she asked.

Hyuga looked at his plate and began eating all of it...
"Thanks for the food" he said and stood up. "It tasted good, but it was a little spicy. I'm going to get something to drink"
'Nice, Hyuga'

"It had a unique flavour, but it was pretty good" said Kiyoshi. "It had the most important ingredient. Love. But you may have gone wrong somewhere with your cooking. Why don't you try making it again?"
"Okay" she said and smiled.

"Can someone teach Riko how to make it?" asked Kiyoshi, while sweating heavily...
"Kiyoshi, you're dripping some kind of weird sweat!" said Koganei.
Kagami began to cook and it looked amazing.

"What? This looks delicious!" said Furihata.
"Give me a taste!" said Koganei and it looked like he was in heaven.
"Kagami, how?" asked Kawahara.