Chapter 36

-Emiko POV-

"They got us" said Riko.
"Huh?" said Koganei.
"Only Kagami-kun's Zone can withstand Kise-kun now" she said. "But from our previous games, we know Kagami-kun never enters the Zone at the start of a game. They struck at exactly the right time"

"Then will Kise stay this way until he reaches his time limit?" asked Tsuchida.
"No, he won't use it all now" I said. "But, if nothing changes, this won't be all the damage we take"
"If we can't stop you, we just have to score!" shouted Hyuga. "We're an offensive team!"

He used the Barried Jumper, but that was just a fake to pass to Tetsuya.
"Kuroko, go!" shouted Koganei.
Tetsuya went for the shot, but Kise was on him.

"Even if I can't see it, the ball's still flying through the air" said Kise. "As long as I know where it's going, I can stop it!"
He jumped between the hoop and Tetsuya, and blocked the ball...

"Not even Murasakibara could stop that invincible shot, and he blocked it?" said Hyuga.
"Kuroko, are you okay?" asked Kagami.
"No" said Tetsuya. "I'm beat. Kise-kun is amazing. I lost. He's so strong, I can't help but laugh"

~

Kise was unstoppable... we were already 13 points behind after 3 minutes.
After 3 minutes, Kise stopped his Perfect Copy.
'So he'll have 2 minutes left at the end of the game... but... they got what they wanted... they're in control of the game'

We were failing multiple attacks...
'This is not good... what can we do? They need to calm down'
"Member change" said Riko suddenly. "Furihata-kun. You're in"

"What?" said Furihata.
When the ball was out, they announced the change in members.
"Izuki-kun!" said Riko.

Furihata looked scared as hell...
"We're counting on you. Your mark is number 4" said Izuki when he left the field.
Furihata wasn't listening...
"Is he going to be okay?" asked Koganei.

"What? They sent a petrified first year?" said Yukio when Furihata stood in front of him.
I held my hand in front of my mouth, to stop me from laughing, but it wasn't really working...
Furihata was so nervous, he lost the ball and basically gave it to Yukio.

"Calm down!" said Hyuga.
"Keep it together, Furi!" shouted Kawahara.
"Thanks, I guess!" said Yukio when he caught the ball.

But, Tetsuya tapped it away.
"Sorry. Give us a minute" said Tetsuya. "He's still nervous"
"What? That's not my problem!" said Yukio.

I held my hands on my stomach, it was hurting from laughing so much...
"Furihata-kun!" said Tetsuya. "It's okay. In my first game, I tripped and got a bloody nose"
I laughed out loud at the memory, it was hilarious.

"Kuroko... seriously?" said Furihata.
"Seriously" said Tetsuya.
"Yeah, really" I laughed.

"Coach, are you sure about this?" asked Fukuda. "He's the biggest wuss around"
"That's why you subbed him in, right?" asked Izuki. "His cowardice isn't a weakness. There are some things only a coward can do"

"That's right. Just watch" said Riko.
Furihata passed to Kagami, but when Kagami was about to pass Kise...
"Kagami, stop!" shouted Furihata. "C-Calm... Calm down!"

"Huh? What? You're the one who needs to calm down!" shouted Kagami.
Kagami passed and I stopped laughing.
"Huh, interesting" I said.

"You're finally done laughing?" said Koganei and I snorted.
"Couldn't help it" I smiled.
"Cowardly is just another way to say careful" said Riko. "In other words, cowards never attack recklessly. He's the perfect player when you want to change the pace of the game"