Chapter 21

-Emiko POV-

It was finally time for the preliminaries again.
Kagami had gotten a lot better with using his left hand.
"You're getting pretty good with your left arm" said Furihata.

"Yeah, it's even gotten easier to eat with this hand lately" said Kagami.
"So, you still can't sleep the night before a tournament, huh?" I said when I saw his eyes.
Tetsuya was late, I didn't see him anywhere.

"We'd better get going" said Riko. "Is everyone here?"
"We're still missing one" said Hyuga. "Oh, Kuroko?"
"I'm here" I heard Tetsuya say.

"You are?!" shouted everyone.
"Yes, I've been here the whole time" he said and I snorted when I saw him take a breath.
"No, you're lying this time!" shouted Kagami. "You barely made it on time running here!"

Tetsuya didn't react, which made me laugh even harder.
"Silence?!" shouted Kagami.
"Let's go. We haven't forgotten anything, have we?" asked Hyuga.
"What are you talking about?" asked Riko. "We're on our way now to get it!"

~

"Ready guys?" asked Riko while going over the game plan. "I'm going to go over what we're doing at the Winter Cup again. Eight schools are participating in the preliminaries. Two of these schools will win the right to participate in the Winter Cup. After today's games, it'll be narrowed down to four schools. Those four schools will play a league series, and the top two schools will go on to the Winter Cup. However, this time the participating teams are the eight schools from the Inter-High preliminaries. In other words, they're powerful teams who had successful summers. Our opponent today is the 6th place team, Josei High School! Let's win!"
"Yeah!" they all shouted.

~

"Let's go!" shouted Hyuga when the signal to line up went off.
Kiyoshi looked happy, but it was kind of creepy...
Josei walked onto the field and their Centre began to cry...

'What's with him?'
"The Winter Cup preliminary game between Seirin High School and Josei High School will now begin" said the referee.
"You're so mean, Captain" I heard the centre say. "Why would you do that? 2 girls. You said the coach and manager of the other team were girls. I was looking for something bigger... something more exciting. They're not... sexy at all!"

'Excuse me?'
Riko and I were getting angry.
"Give back what you stole from me!" he shouted.

"Go slaughter them" said Riko in sign while emitting an evil aura.
I rolled up my sleeves in anger.
'Kick their buts' I thought and Tetsuya nodded, knowing what I thought.

They began double teaming Kagami. Who got angry because of it...
Kiyoshi patted Kagami's head.
"Kagami you look terrifying" said Kiyoshi.

"His hands" I whispered when I saw that his hands almost covered Kagami's entire head. "I thought I saw it before, but Kiyoshi-senpai has really big hands"
"You're right" said Riko.
I looked up and saw 2 people from Touou watching us.
"Coach" I said and I pointed at them.

The game was going really well...
But then, Kagami jumped way too high and against the hoop...
"Idiot" I whispered.

By the fourth quarter, we were ahead by 40 points.
We got a lot more rebounds than usual.
Seeing Kiyoshi play was amazing...

But Kagami was too angry, he wanted to make some shots.
I saw Tetsuya sigh and shot a wristband to Kagami's face.
"You!" shouted Kagami.

"That's enough" said Tetsuya calmly.
"What'd you say, Kuroko?!" shouted Kagami.
"It's easier for them to take shots, because you're drawing all the defenders to yourself" said Tetsuya. "You shouldn't pout about that. Also, can you see them?"

He pointed at the two players of Touou.
'Maybe not your best idea, Tetsu...'
"Aomine-kun will hear about this game" said Tetsuya. "Once you've calmed down, make a declaration of war"

"That's not something you do with a cool head" said Kagami. "Leave it to me though. I'll give it to them good"
Kagami was on fire...
'Mentioning Touou was really not the best idea...'

Kagami passed his double team and he jumped high...
"Throw it down, Kagami!" shouted Hyuga.
He made it this time, but still fell on his ass...