Chapter 37

-Emiko POV-

Tetsuya and Kise subbed into the game at the same time.
"Coach" said Koganei. "Isn't it too soon to sub Kuroko in?"
"He still can't use his Phantom Shot" said Tsuchida.

"His misdirection is pretty weak against Kaijo right now" said Koganei.
"I thought so too" said Riko.
"Tetsuya knows the terror of the Generation of Miracles better than any of us" I said.

'We're counting on you, Tetsu'
"We're so far ahead, they can't catch up" said Koganei.
'I know we are, but why do I feel so uneasy...'
"Don't relax until it's over!" shouted Hyuga. "Hands up! Let me hear you!"

Kise had the ball...
He began with his Perfect Copy, copying Seijuro...
"Oh, that idiot!" I shouted.

-Akashi Seijuro POV-

"Oh, that idiot!" I heard Emiko shout, even when Ryota was on a different team, she was worried about him.
He was copying me this time.
'He's using it already?'

Emiko was pissed, I could see it in her eyes.
Tetsuya passed to Kagami with his improved Ignite Pass, but Ryota stopped the attack.
'Impressive'

-Emiko POV-

"You're kidding!" I shouted when I saw Kise copying Tetsuya's Ignite Pass Kai...
"We'll win! I'll put everything I have on the line!" shouted Kise.
"But, he's already using it, with four minutes left" said Koganei.

"Is he using up everything now?" asked Tsuchida.
"No" I said and they all looked at me. "There's another possibility. He'll make it last until the end. Using Perfect Copy consumes a tremendous amount of stamina. But for some reason it's burning less now than in the first half. At this rate, it may last. It puts a comeback well within their reach"

"We were naïve to think we could stay ahead" said Riko. "We can't win without stopping his Perfect Copy"

~

"Kise's extending the limit of his Perfect Copy?" asked Izuki when I explained.
"It's likely" I said.
"That would mean our lead isn't safe anymore" said Riko. "If we don't do something, we're screwed"

"Um..." said Tetsuya. "There may be a way to stop Kise-kun"
"Heh? How?" I asked.

"I see" said Izuki. "It'll be hard, but with the right timing..."
"We may be able to stop Kise" said Kiyoshi.

"Okay!" shouted Hyuga and stood up. "We can't afford any mistakes. Focus, guys. Even if our plan succeeds, Kaijo's team isn't just Kise. Don't stop until the final buzzer sounds. Be even more careful with passes and teamwork. Don't miss any easy shots"

I was frowning, this wasn't good...
'He's only putting more pressure on them...'
"Do everything you can to keep our lead!" he shouted. "Let's go, Seirin!"

~

The game restarted.
Kise began using Seijuro's Emperor Eye on defence...
And then when Hyuga shot a three, someone touched it and we failed to get the rebound.

Tetsuya was on Kise, which surprised him.
"Kuroko is on Kise?" said Yukio in disbelief.
Kise passed Tetsuya easily.

"You're not trying to use the same move!" shouted Kise.
"No, it's different this time" said Tetsuya, both he and Izuki went for the steal.
But Kise used Tetsuya's Cyclone pass to pass to Yukio.

"Seriously" I said annoyed.
Kise scored, and we were falling into a failing pattern...
'This isn't good'

To make matters worse, the crowd was on Kaijo's side, which made it even harder on our players...
Kise used a similar shot like Tetsuya's Phantom Shot...
"I understand the passes..." said Furihata.