Endgame: Chapter 02

Vanessa tunes out everyone as she stares at the wall. "That was painful to watch," says Jason. "Mmh" is all she says. It's only when Vanessa heard Nebula say she know where Thanos is that she stands up and heads over to where everyone is standing. "Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me. And when he worked, he talked about his great plan. Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd ask 'where would we go once his plan was complete?'. His answer was always the same: 'To the Garden.'"

"He has a retirement plan" Vanessa whispers to herself. "So where is he?" Asks Steve. Rocket shows a hologram of Earth, with a shockwave visible traversing the surface, "When Thanos snapped his fingers, Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. No one's ever seen anything like it... Until two days ago. On this planet."

Natasha looks closer at the hologram, "He used the stones again." "Hey, hey, hey. We'd be going in short-handed, you know" Bruce says. "Look, he's still got the stones, so..." Rhodey tries to say but is interrupted. "So let's get him... Use them to bring everyone back." "Just like that?" Asks Rhodey. "Yeah, just like that." For the first time in weeks, there is a small sliver of hope radiating in the room. "Even if there's a small chance that we can undo this... I mean we owe it to everyone who's not in this room to try" says Natasha.

"If we do this, how do we know it's gonna end any differently than it did before?" Asks Bruce. "Because before, you didn't have me," says Carol. "Hey, new girl, everyone here is about that superhero life. And if you don't mind my asking, where the hell have you been all this time?" "There are a lot of other planets in the universe. And unfortunately, they didn't have you guys. Thor suddenly stands up and walks over to Carol. She turns to look at him as he holds his hand up. He catches Stormbreaker as it misses Carol by inches, but she doesn't flinch and instead smiles at him. "I like this one," he says. "Let's go get his son of a bitch" says Steve.

»»-------------¤-------------««

After changing into her suit Vanessa walks over to the spaceship, whom she's learned is called Benatar. Everyone is seated in the ship as it flies out into outer space. Rocket turns around to look at everyone, "Okay, who here hasn't been to space?" Nat, Steve, Rhodey, and Vanessa all raise their hands. "Why?" Rhodey whispers to Vanessa, who just shrugs her shoulders. "You better not throw up on my ship."

"Approaching jump in 3...2...1!" The ship jumps forward into a wormhole, as Vanessa holds on tightly onto the seat. She was about to close her eyes but stops as she sees everything around her. The ship slows down and hovers in orbit. Carol is now outside as she goes to check the planet. She soon comes back and tells them there is nothing, only Thanos.

Carol flies in through the roof and knocks Thanos down by grabbing his neck. Bruce in the Hulkbuster burst in from the ground and grabs the arm that has the Infinity Gauntlet. Thor then slices off the arm. Rhodey flies down with Rocket and aims guns on Thanos' head. Steve walks in with Natasha to his left and Vanessa to his right. "Oh no," says Rocket.

Vanessa looks down at the Infinity Gauntlet to find that it looks burnt and the stones are gone. "Where are they?" Steve asks him. "The Universe required correction. After that, the stones served no purpose, beyond temptation." "You murdered trillions!" Bruce yelled. "You should be grateful." "Where are the Stones?" Natasha asked. "Gone. Reduced to atoms." "You used them two days ago!" Bruce said. "I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be. I am... inevitable."

Vanessa shakes her head, not believing what he's saying. "We have to tear this place apart," Rhodey says. "He has to be lying," says Vanessa. "My father is many things. A liar is not one of them" says Nebula. "Ah, thank you, daughter. Perhaps I treated you too harshly." He doesn't get to say anything else as rage-filled Thor slices Thanos' head off. Vanessa slightly grimaces as the head rolls away. "What... What did you do?" Rocket asks him. "I went for the head," Thor says as he slowly walks out of the shed, looking defeated and having no real purpose left.