Chapter 1

Wednesday June 25th, 2031

Hope was with the twin's in her room watching a movie and just relaxing like they have since summer began one week ago. Its been nice minus the times when Finch joins, Hope can't stand her. She isn't with them today as Josie and her had another one of their petty fights. Hope's lost in her thoughts when an announcement is broadcaster through the school.

"Elizabeth Saltzman, Josette Saltzman, and Hope Mikaelson to the headmaster's office now please. Elizabeth Saltzman, Josette Saltzman, and Hope Mikaelson to the headmaster's office now please." The girls look at one another before standing and heading out of Hope's room.

"So what do you think your guy's dad wants now? He hasn't called us all down since before we defeated Malivore." Hope speaks as they walk together.

"No clue." Lizzie says as Josie shrugs in answer.

They make it to Alaric's office, knocking on the door they wait for Alaric's voice to come through saying "come in". Opening the door Hope sees two people she hasn't seen in what feels like forever.

"Aunt Freya, Kellin!" Hope says happily as she runs into their arms. "What are you two doing here?" Hope asks as she pulls out of the hug.

"We came to enroll a new student." Freya answers and it then that Hope sees a little boy sitting in a chair across from Alaric's desk. "This is Carson."

Hope freezes briefly when the little boy turns to look at her. He has short messy light brown hair with a reddish tinge and big chocolate brown eyes. His eyes hold pain while most children hold innocence. She looks from him to her aunts in question. Before she can speak Alaric talks.

"Josie, Lizzie can you both take Carson to the playground while we talk, please?"

"Sure thing dad." Josie says quickly before going to kneel in front of Carson. "Hey Carson, my name is Josie and that is Lizzie, she's my sister. Do you want to come with us and go play on the playground? We can even stop by the kitchen on our way and get you a cookie!" Carson smiles briefly at the mention of cookies before taking Josie's outstretched hand.

Hope watches as Carson, Josie and Lizzie leave leave the office, Hope can't help but smile at them. She turns toward her aunts and Alaric expectantly once the door shuts.

"Carson is a newly activated wolf, a crescent wolf at that. He triggered his curse due to an accident that left his human mother dead. His father had died before his birth so he was left to his only living relatives, his maternal grandparents who are in they're late 80's. They found me as the stand in crescent Alpha until you are able to take over. They asked for help as they couldn't keep up with a two, three on this coming Halloween, year old child let alone a newly transitioned wolf. I mentioned the school and after a long talk they agreed it would be a great place for him, but they also said he needs someone who will be able to give him the love and attention he needs as a child. Freya and I have been discussing whether or not to take him in ourselves through an open adoption so he'll still have his grandparents in his life, but we're not sure. Nik is a handful on his own and we never even thought about having another child" Hope cuts Kellin off abruptly.

"I'll adopt him!"

"WHAT?!?!" Alaric, Freya and Kellin say at once.

"I'll adopt him! I'm 19, I have the money to give him anything he could ever need or want for a thousand life times. I was left the Mikaelson mansion that's here in Mystic Falls. I can do this I can be there for him, who better to take him in and help him heal from the loss of his parents and the triggering of his curse than an orphan and wolf that can never die. I know the trauma he's going through! I went through it myself!"