Chapter 5

(Short and sweet. We are coming to the end)

The entire super squad has graduated, Kaleb and Cleo got married just weeks after graduation before leaving for Nigeria where they have settled and already have sent word to the rest of the squad that they are expecting their first child. Jed left aswell, he was set on exploring the world and in doing so is working on recruiting new students. Lizzie, MG, and Ethan all finally came clean about the fact that they were all dating roughly a week before graduation and along with that announcement they announced that Lizzie was pregnant. Needless to say Alaric almost killed Ethan.

Saturday August 21st, 2032

Today is the big day, Hope has been planning it pretty much since the day she asked Josie to be her girlfriend. It wasn't too out of the ordinary when Hope sent Josie off to have a day of pampering with her sister, so Josie wasn't too suspicious, a big plus for Hope. And with Carson spending the weekend with Caroline, Hope had the house to herself for at least a couple hours. It took her up till the time Josie pulled into the driveway to get everything ready and she just hoped everything would go perfectly.

"Hope?" Josie calls from the front door, the house is so dark she could barely see to take off her shoes.

"I'm in the kitchen." Josie carefully makes her way to the kitchen only to be shocked at what she finds. The second she walks in Hope waves her hand causing candles to light up the room. The kitchen is spotless besides a spread of foods and desserts across the center island and roses spread through out.

"Hope, what is this?" Josie is in awe.

"I wanted to treat the love of my life." Hope wraps her arms around Josie's waist and pulls her in tightly, kissing her softly at first. "Do you like it?"

"Like it? I love it! You are the most amazing girlfriend anyone could ask for."

"Come sit before the food gets cold." Hope leads Josie to the island where she pulls out her chair. After kissing her again she moves to her own seat. The eat peacefully making casual small talk, Josie talking about her time with Lizzie.
"Ready for dessert?" Hope asks starting to get nervous as the time approaches.

"Mmm yes!" Hope serves Josie her dessert and slowly eats her own trying to calm her nerves.
"Are you okay Hope, you seem on edge?"

"I'm great, Josie. How do you like your dessert?"

"It's amazing!"

"I'm glad you like it." Hope smiles softly, she fiddles with the small box in her pocket under the table. Taking a deep breath she pulls it out, holding it behind her back as she stands. Rounding the island she gets Josie's attention, another deep breath, she stops besides Josie.

"What's going on Hope? You're worrying me." Josie turns in her seat to face Hope.

"Josie... I know we haven't been dating for very long, but I love you more than I ever thought was possible. You and Carson are my whole life. I know we are young and you don't have to say yes yet, or ever, but I can't imagine spending another day without asking you." Hope gets down on one knee and takes Josie's hands into her own slipping the small box into her hands as she does. "Josie, will you do my the honor of marrying me?"

"YES!" Josie screams and tackles Hope in a hug making them both end up on the floor. She attacks Hope's face with kisses as she repeats "yes" over and over. When she finally stops and pulls away slightly they both have happy tears streaming down their faces. Hope opens the box, places the ring on Josie's finger with a huge smile and kisses her deeply.

"I love you so much Josie!"

"I love you too Hope!"