Chapter 4

Hope and Josie went on their first date shortly after Thanksgiving and on their third date Hope asked Josie to be her girlfriend officially. Since then most of their time has been spent together with the exception of school nights. But tonight is the last full moon of the school year, Hope and Josie put together a special plan for Carson. Carson has yet to meet Hope's wolf so they set up a boundary spell as a precaution and are going to surprise him. He has made a lot of progress over the school year and in a a lot of ways has more control than most of the other wolves at the school. Josie will be staying out with them behind the boundary spell at least to start. She has yet to meet Hope's wolf either and is extremely excited to meet them.

"I'm gonna go get Carson, it's almost time. Make sure you stay outside of the boundary spell." Hope says kissing Josie's cheek.

"I know, but you shouldn't be worried about me. I know neither you or Carson will hurt me."

"Just please promise me. I don't want to risk your safety, I'm already nervous enough about letting my wolf be around Carson."

"I promise and don't be. You'd never hurt anyone wolf or not you are too sweet." Josie kisses Hope softly. "Now, go get our boy."

When Hope comes back with Carson Josie is still in the exact spot she left her in.

"What's going on mamas?"

"Mama Josie and I decided on a little surprise for you tonight. You've done amazing this year and I know you've asked to meet my wolf so..."

"I get to meet your wolf mama?!"

"Yes, mama Josie put up a boundary spell and is going to stay and watch over us just in case. But yes I'm gonna wait till after you are done shifting and then I'll join you and we can run and play all night, okay?"

"Okay, mama." It's roughly an hour later when Carson finishes shifting and Hope quickly follows behind.

Carson barely waits for Hope to finish shifting before he bounds after her. Jumping at her face and howling as he playfully attacks her. Josie can't help the laugh that escapes her when she sees the unamused face Hope is wearing, she only laughs harder when Hope looks at her scowling. Hope smacks Carson away from her face and stands tall over him before letting out a long and loud howl that Carson joins in on before Hope takes off running. Carson runs after her, his small wolf form fighting to keep up. Josie sits down at the edge of the boundary spell keeping her promise to Hope and watches as Hope runs zig zagging through the trees as Carson follows her. Eventually Hope let's Carson catch up to her and they walk back into the clearing where they shifted. Carson walking besides her and every now and again jumping at her side. Hope sits across from Josie and for the first time since he shifted Carson looks to Josie. He goes to approach her only to be lightly shocked and bounced back when he hits the boundary spell. He whimpers slightly looking at Josie and Hope licks his head to calm him. Josie watches on wishing she hadn't promised Hope to stay on the other side as all she wants to do is cuddle up with the two of them as Hope pins Carson under one of her paws and begins to clean him. The small whines coming from Carson absolutely adorable, he doesn't like baths as a human and apparently as a wolf too. Carson settles after a little bit excepting that Hope is going to bath him no matter what. By the time she stops Carson is fast asleep still in wolf form. Hope stands carefully, backing away from Carson before taking off running. She leaves Josie view quickly and doesn't return for another hour. During Hope's absence Carson shifts back in his sleep and Josie temporarily breaks Hope's promise. She crosses the boundary, picks him up, crosses back over quickly before dressing him carefully and wrapping him up in a blanket. Hope returns panting heavily having ran as hard and fast as she could. When she sees Carson resting in Josie's lap as a human again she figures it's time for her to shift back as well.

"Have a nice run?" Josie smiles standing up with Carson in her arms.

"I did. It was nice to run with Carson, but to poor guy is still a bit too little to keep up to my normal pace. Thank you for watching him while I ran."

"It's not a problem Hope, I mean I am like his other mother."

"You aren't 'like' his other mother you are his other mother."

"Yeah well legally not."

"Hey, we will fix that. I promise you and even if you aren't legally his mom, you will always be his mama and apart of his life no matter what."

"Let's head inside it's getting late we can talk more another time."

"Josie, I mean it."

"I know you do Hope."

They go into the school and head to Josie's room. Shortly after Hope and her started dating they put a bed for Carson in her's and Lizzie's room for during the full moon as it's the only time that Hope and Carson stay at the school. They decided on that rather than keeping Hope's old room out of rotation for only once a month. Josie tucks Carson into his bed, kissing his forehead before climbing into her own bed besides Hope.

"I love you Josie."

"I love you too Hope."

A/N: I know I didn't put it but Hope did turn off her humanity, but it came back on shortly after turning it off. Alaric got beat up still, but not put into a coma/killed, and Lizzie is still human/a siphoner witch.