Chapter 23

The clock kept ticking and ticking, until it was finally three o'clock. The school bell rang as it was time to go home... or so the usual days were.

Jisung had his first day of real detention, ever—he had actually received detention once before, but he got out of it that time. His mother was very shocked when the matter had been brought to her attention. She wasn't angry at her son, far from. Everything in life was an experience. She thought detention might do him some good. Of course, she would never want him to get into serious trouble.

Over the years Jisung had closed up to everyone around him—including his parents. His mother began to notice some changes in his behaviour the last few months and she enjoyed that change.

Jisung looked happier, even though it might not seem like it sometimes.

Yet, there he was sitting, looking all miserable in detention. He hated to admit it, but he hadn't really prepared for the test. It was about the material he was supposed to go over with Minho, but he remembered falling asleep that day.

"Hey sunshine," Minho disturbed Jisung's thoughts as he sat down onto the seat next to him, which only made him receive a glare. He had to admit he deserved the fact that Jisung was angry with him, but by the looks of it the anger wouldn't leave the boy anytime soon.

The professor called out their names, checking if everyone was actually there, and so it seemed. A few minutes later as the clock hit a quarter past three, he—the professor—handed Jisung his maths test. "Good luck!" Minho whispered to Jisung.

Jisung showed a slight soft grin—barely visible, but clear enough to Minho. "Thanks," the blond boy answered, also whispering. He shook his head, not finding it a proper time to get distracted. Focus, Jisung. Focus.

~~~~~~~~~

About half an hour later Jisung handed in his test. The total time he got was an hour, but he finished early. It turned out to be much easier than he expected. There weren't that many exercises either.

He sat down—back onto his chair—and he didn't know what to do. What do people even do in detention to kill time? He still had a bit over two hours left to go. He sighed. Students most likely made their homework in here, but he didn't have any left to do—so that wasn't an option. He also barely took any books with him when he came to school at noon.

He did bring his sketch book. No one knew this, but Jisung loved to draw. He kept it a secret from everyone, because he thought he wasn't very good at it anyway. He hadn't had much time to draw anything over the past few years, but he always kept it by his side. It was something special to him.

Finally, his sketch book got to leave his bag again. It had been such a long time that even he himself didn't remember what drawings were in there. With that thought, he browsed through a few pages. Until, he reached some pages he couldn't believe he didn't burn. A shocked gasp left him as he immediately closed the sketch book, hoping no one saw it. Still, he received all the attention he hated so dearly. He scratched the back of his head, turning the book around and opened it from the back as he began to doodle some little things.

As some time had passed and Minho got bored, he looked at his side and saw what Jisung was drawing. It was amazingly beautiful. He actually began to wonder what the blond boy couldn't do. Why is he so good at everything? "Psst... Psst," he whispered, trying to get Jisung attention, which he was not receiving. "Psst," he hissed once again.

"What!?" Jisung whisper-shouted, again averting all of the attention towards him. Luckily for him, there weren't many students in detention on this very day. Otherwise he would've probably gotten a panic attack. He didn't mean to shout, but Minho's presence annoyed him.