Chapter 33

"Hey, Minho," Hyunjin called out to his friend after class finished and everyone was clearing their desks. "Wanna hang out with us?" he asked him, also on behalf of Chan and Changbin.

Minho turned to look at Hyunjin. "Ah, I can't today guys," he scratched the back of his head. "I'm going out with Jisung,"

"G-going out?" Hyunjin stuttered. "Did I miss something while I wasn't here?"

The two boys looked at one another and then back at Hyunjin. "You missed quite a bit, actually," Minho told him. "But nothing that important,"

"Yeah, no nothing important at all... Only that Minho broke up with Jihna and is now into Jisung, the new kid is his cousin and he became a softie overall," Changbin said all in one breath, which obviously made him receive a smack on the head by Minho himself.

Minho sighed as his face showed annoyance. "Stop joking around, Jisung's my friend," he corrected Changbin. "And if you call me a softie one more time, I'll haunt you,"

"I was just kidding," Changbin groaned as he rubbed the spot on his head that Minho smacked. They all laughed at the silly scene they made. Luckily for them, most of the students had cleared out of the room already.

Hyunjin sighed in relief. "I'm so glad you finally put aside your differences," he said with a smile as he just remembered the conversation he had with Jisung before.

"More like putting aside our problems," Minho whispered quietly, but not quiet enough. "But yes!" he added with a big smile on his face, not wanting his friends to question him. "But anyway, what's been going on with you?"

"Oh..." Hyunjin smiled a bitter smile. "My grandpa passed away a few weeks ago," he said.

Minho's eyes, as well as Changbin's and Chan's eyes widened. "Oh shit, Hyunjin I'm so sorry," Minho said

"It's okay, I'm okay," Hyunjin reassured them. "I don't really feel like talking about it though, sorry," he said. "Can we talk about something else?"

"Of course..." Minho said as he pondered. What should they talk about? What would change the mood? "Ah, I heard you made out with Seungmin,"

Hyunjin did not see that one coming. That was a one hundred eighty turn topic change. Instead of looking quite sad he was now just simply flustered as his face flushed red. "H-how did you—?"

"Wow, he didn't even try to deny," Changbin said toward Chan as the two were standing next to one another.

"Your brother told us," Minho said, obviously not telling the whole truth as he threw Jeongin under the bus.

Chan coughed softly. "Well, actually... your brother hinted at it, Minho guessed and Seungmin confirmed,"

Hyunjin chuckled nervously as he scratched the back of his head. "Oh... is that so," he trailed off, not looking any of them in the eye.

Minho put his hand on Hyunjin's shoulder. "Don't worry, my dearest friend," he assured him. "You can literally make out with whoever you want, it's really not any of our business. Just know you can talk to us about whatever, alright?"

Hyunjin was quite startled by Minho being so nice all of a sudden, as Changbin said Minho indeed became a softie. "S-sure, yeah..." he said, eyes wide open. "Thanks," he then added with a big smile.

Minho stood up as he was sitting on his desk previously. "Anytime," he smiled. "Now I do got to get going guys, I bet Jisung is waiting," he said as he started walking towards the classroom door. "See you guys tomorrow!" He waved them goodbye as he left the room.