Chapter 29

The next day at school was like any other day. Some people being absent, some present.

Yet on this very day, Hyunjin had decided it was time to show up at school again. He hadn't shown up ever since Chan's party. Some would've thought he was dead.

As Hyunjin slumbered into his seat, bags under his eyes and seeming very agitated, he stared into the deep end—not even hearing his own friends calling out his name. Sadly for him, Minho was one of his closest friends. The latter hit him on the head, harshly, as he said, "Wake up, mother theresa,"

Hyunjin jumped up, as his head fell forward just a little bit because of the hit. He groaned and whispered, "Asshole,"

Minho rolled his eyes as he chuckled—with a slight grin on his face. "I've been called worse," He spun his chair around and sat in front of the sulking boy. "What's your deal anyway? Where have you been?"

Hyunjin cleared his throat as he didn't really know what to answer. "I've just had some things on my mind... I had to clear my head,"

"Well," Chan interrupted the two. "As you were clearing your mind, someone has actually occupied the chair you're now sitting on," he said, trying to inform Hyunjin but actually just confusing him instead.

Minho laughed softly. "Now informal use of words," he spoke, to which Hyunjin totally agreed.

"There's a new student who ripped you of your favourite spot in class, so say goodbye..." Chan paraphrased.

This misery had got to be the worst timing. "Then where the hell am I supposed to sit? The floor?" He was really not feeling up to it. He can't believe some new kid joined their class mid-year and stole his spot. Yet, it wasn't something to get petty over either, and he didn't want to bother.

"The cursed spot of the classroom, of course..." Minho said in pity, but finding it quite amusing at the same time. He pointed towards the seat they were talking about and said, "Way over there. First-row seat, to the left..."

Chan had to hold in his laughter. "A squeaky seat is never fun my friend," he said as he sighed, shaking his head.

"Fucking hell," Hyunjin groaned.

"Oh it will be... Especially if you're this cranky. Honestly, is everything okay? You don't seem or sound like your usual chipper self,"  Minho spoke up, noticing that something was off.

Hyunjin's breath hitched. "I'm fine, it's all fine," he assured them, though not sounding so convincing.

As he sat down on his new seat, without even putting up a fight, he could not believe who was now sitting next to him. He never really paid any attention in class, so he didn't know who sat where. He couldn't wait for this day to be over.

~~~~~~~~~~

At lunch time, Hyunjin was still kind of out of it. He decided not to join his friends in the cafeteria and instead went for a walk. Wherever, to clear his head once again.

What he didn't know was that his brother—Jeongin—was roaming the hallways, searching for him. If he'd checked his messages, he would have known. Yet sadly for him, he left it in his bag which he left with his friends.

Jeongin walked into the cafeteria, head down, as he didn't want anyone staring at him weirdly—but no one was. He carefully looked up and around the cafeteria, until he saw a familiar face.  The person not being his brother, it was Chan. He walked over, slowly realising his brother wasn't amongst the crowd. He let out an annoyed sigh. "Where the hell is my brother?"

"Jeongin?" Chan questioned. "Don't you go to boarding school? Why are you here?"

The boy didn't exactly know if he should tell his brother's friends what was up or not. "I'm looking for Hyunjin..." He decided to keep his mouth shut.

"So we figured," Changbin said.

Since a few days back, Felix and Seungmin sometimes join the others for lunch. Today was one of those days. Jeongin's eyes shifted from Chan to Seungmin. "You..." He tried to remember where he had seen his face before. "You're from the party," Bingo. "You've been a great distraction to my brother's mind," He cleared his throat. "Well, I call it great, he calls it troublesome,"

They all just kind of stared at him weirdly. Seungmin's eyes widened slightly, as he stared blankly at Jeongin. "Anyhow, if you see my brother, tell him to check his messages," the boy said, to which they all nodded.

As Jeongin had now exited the cafeteria, everyone averted their attention towards Seungmin—who apparently had some explaining to do. "I'm confused," Felix said. "What did he mean?"

Chan questioned as well. "Distraction? How? At my party?" He was just as confused as Felix was right now.

Minho was the only person right now who could think rationally and put two and two together. He usually wasn't the one to see through to people, but to him, right now, Seungmin was like a crystal. Clear. "You made out with Hyunjin, didn't you?" he questioned very straightforwardly.

Felix looked over at his friend in surprise, because he did not see that one coming. Seungmin was never one to lie, so obviously the truth left his mouth. "Maybe..." he muttered quietly. "It just sort of happened," he spoke quickly, embarrassed.

"Hey, no judging here. We're all friends now," Chan laughed softly. "At least you did something Minho over here couldn't," he added, as he gave mentioned boy a rough shoulder pat.

"Ha ha," Minho mocked. "Knock it off," He knew where Chan was headed with this and he was not taking the bait. He moved closer to his friend's ear and whispered, "Provoke me and I'll haunt you,"

"Got it." Chan said. Yet, Seungmin and Felix actually understood what Chan meant by that. Or at least so they thought.

They sat down—as Chan and Minho were the only ones who were standing up this whole time—and continued eating their lunch, without any more questions. For now.

[A/N]
So... I fell asleep and didn't double update yesterday 🤭
Fr though, I'm trying to make my days more productive so now I get up at around 6:30AM to do my workout and morning walk of 1h30 and then every two days also go to the gym after my walk so I've been falling asleep at like 9:30PM

It was a mistake to tell my mom I'd go with to the movies... the movie that begins at 9PM... If the movie ain't scary enough I'm afraid I'll fall asleep lmao :'))

I don't want college to start up again... Imma have to change my whole ass routine djdjdj I'm hoping for the best

Alsooo~~ pleaseee if you won't mind, comment on some paragraphs, like your thoughts on what's happening or whatever, because rn I don't even feel as if anyone is even interested, it's a bit demotivating to update tbh---

Q; Can you stand horror movies?

A; yes, i find them funny... At the movies to watch Malignant rn... Yet to see if it's any good...

To be continued ;)