Chapter 34

They were now both seated and already had their food in front of them, digging in as soon as it was put in front of them. Minho was happy to see Jisung stuffing his cheeks. He looked at the boy with a smile on his face. "So..." he began suddenly,  Jisung looking up in surprise. "What was up with you today?" he asked. "What made you feel so down?"

"No one— I mean, nothing," Jisung answered him, cursing himself for making that obvious mistake. He sighed. "Fuck, damn it,"

Minho smiled as he chuckled softly. "I see..." he said, trailing off as he got lost in thoughts for a second. "Because of me, right?"

Jisung's eyes widened. "N-no!" he said, though not sounding very convincing. The stutter just added to it not sounding believable. "I mean... maybe," he sighed, setting himself up to be discovered.

"It's fine, Jisung," Minho reassured. "I'm sorry... for whatever it is that I did," he said, then thinking a bit further. "Ah... the detention thing," he concluded in his thoughts. "If it's about the time I got you into detention, I'd say I'm sorry but it would be a lie," he looked to his plate as he smiled a bit. "I just wanted to help you, plus I didn't want to be in there alone for once. I know that's selfish of me, for that I am sorry,"

Jisung felt bad for making Minho think he was at fault. But he figured the words wouldn't come out of his mouth as he wanted them to. He would have to admit what he didn't want to admit. "No no, you didn't do anything wrong... It's all me and my stupid brain, don't worry about it," he said rapidly, as he didn't want Minho to feel bad. "And I forgive you... for the detention thing,"

Minho smiled at him. "Really?" he said happily. "Thanks, Hannie," He pondered as he took another bite from his food. "Oh, by the way... you're going to join us for lunch from now on, right?"

"I..."

"Oh, come one... Your friends are there," Minho said, as he might have just come to the realisation. "Or maybe you didn't want to eat with us because I'm there as well," He figured it out.

"..." Jisung kept silent as he didn't know what to answer. Suddenly avoiding Minho after everything was going well between them again might have made Minho even more suspicious than he was before. Jisung felt really stupid.

Minho smiled. "It's fine," he said. "But right now we're starting over, right? So... eat lunch with us,"

Jisung just started at Minho in awe. He really did seem to care, though it still freaked him out a bit. Yet, he did remember Minho used to be like this when they were kids. The only difference was that his own feelings weren't this apparent to him back then.

As Jisung was too flustered to say anything, he just nodded as he stuffed his face full of food again. Minho chuckled, clearly knowing Jisung stuffed his face because he didn't want to speak. "Or is the reason because you're a messy eater," he laughed softly, obviously joking, since there was sauce in the corner of his mouth right now. Jisung just raised his eyebrows as he wasn't sure what Minho meant. "You've got something on your lips," he said as he pointed towards the place of his own mouth, mirroring where the sauce on Jisung's lips was.

Jisung felt a bit embarrassed, but this happened to everyone. He wiped his mouth, but it was still there. He was just wiping random spots on his mouth which made Minho chuckle softly. He found it cute. "It's right there," he said, pointing towards the spot, but to no avail. "Can I?" he asked him for permission.

Jisung nodded shyly. "Sure," he spoke quietly. Deja vu. This scene reminded him of what had happened with Minjun recently. Even though he was scolding Minjun when he did that to him. He hated people touching him, especially his lips—so why was he okay with Minho touching them.