Lost in Love

Author: ams1971

Rating: 8/10

Comments: A. M. Snead's works are often gritty, emotional, and somewhat harrowing and this book certainly lives up to that standard. I spent most of this book want to just shake some sense into Kyle; what he puts poor Nate through is just insane. Nate is such a good friend and cares so much for Kyle that he is willing to sacrifice anything to help Kyle. Be ready for an emotional rollercoaster with this one.

Summary:

A typical hike to a mountain cabin turns to much more for best friends Nate Westfall and Kyle Haney. Nate's secret love for his 'straight' friend has been simmering for eight years, held down for fear of destroying their lifelong friendship.But when Kyle starts to drink, he begins to 'play' with Nate in a way that Nate finds frustrating and difficult to resist. As Kyle pushes him over the edge and he can no longer hide his desire for the man, he begins to realize there is more to Kyle's unusual behavior than meets the eye.Unexpected emotions boil over in the young man and for a brief moment it seems all of Nate's dreams of being with Kyle are coming true - until he is dealt a blow to his heart that shatters their friendship.In despair after his falling out with Kyle, Nate is certain that his life couldn't get any worse, that the pain in his heart couldn't possibly be any more excruciating and unbearable, convinced that 'anything' would be better than this.Until he reads the letter that Kyle left behind, and Nate finds himself thrust into a depth of hell and anguish that he is convinced no human being is equipped to survive.