Chapter 2

[Harry]

I can't be gay, Harry thought to himself.

I'm married to the most wonderful woman in the universe. She is talented, loving, caring, and intelligent, he consoled himself. And thinks you're gay.

He buried his head in his hands and let out a muffled groan.

She can't be right.

Can she?

He had been sitting there for half an hour, supper untouched, believing his wife was wrong.

But what if it were true? No, that can't be it. She was surely mistaken. Harry let out a long sigh.

He knew he wasn't really into physical contact with women, regarding experience with Cho and his wife, but he always interpreted that as wanting to connect on the spiritual level. He had a special bond with his wife. They knew each other. Deeply. All the scars and wounds were unhidden and revealed. He loved his wife dearly. But then... given the fact that they knew each other inside out, was it possible that there was truth in those three words?

The only thing he was sure about was that he was far too frustrated to figure this out on his own. He finally got up from the chair he was glued to, left a note on the table, and went out the door. 

Harry decided it would be a bit rude to pop up at their fireplace unannounced so he walked, the old-fashioned way. It was near autumn and there was already a slight chill but Harry didn't notice. He wandered absentmindedly down the familiar streets and found himself in front of the Granger-Weasley household.

He knocked, once, twice, and heard Hermione's voice. "Coming!"

She sounded flustered. He heard a series of quick thumping before the door opened. Before Harry was a very flushed Hermione in her robe.

"Harry!" she panted. "What a lovely surprise!"

"Oh, sorry, it's a bad time, isn't it?" Harry shrugged.

"Harry, what's wrong?"

"How did you tell from a single sentence?"

Hermione narrowed her eyes. "You're not going anywhere, you know that?"

Harry heaved a sigh of defeat as she dragged him into the house and yelled on top of her lungs, "Honey? Harry's here! Get dressed!"

Harry swore he heard a muffled 'Blimey' before he heard shuffling from the staircase.

Ron rushed down the stairs, featuring an overly-tight pink robe.

"Ron!" Hermione hit his arm, flushing.

"What? This was the only thing I could find in such short notice," he said and eyed Harry meaningfully.

"Sor-" but Harry was cut off by Hermione's hand colliding with Ron's arm.

"Don't be ridiculous Harry, what is it you want to tell us?"

"It'd better be about something serious like your scar or something," Ron said, his tone lacing with slight menace.

"What? His scar hurt before? And you didn't tell me?" The playful hits became a full-forced smack.

"Ow! This time it hurt! It was just a guess!"

Harry had to conceal a laugh but also felt slightly guilty at the sight. They were ten times more worked-up than usual.

"Guys, calm down, it has nothing to do with... that."