Chapter 45

[Draco]

Early Christmas morning, Draco was already up, pacing in his walk-in closet. He had settled on a plain white shirt, black dress pants, and dark green robes somewhat half an hour ago, contrasting from his usual all-black outfit for a more festive vibe. He was fully dressed, but still biting his lip in his cabinet, his stomach doing a series of flip-flops.

Draco caught his own eye in the reflection of his mirror and realized he still had on his bed head.

Cursing silently, he walked out of his closet and slammed the door behind him a little too hard. He summoned the comb, styling his blonde strands effortlessly and dipping his hand in numerous bottles of product, massaging and smoothing his way through his scalp.

Finally, his hair reached a satisfying state and he trotted downstairs. Seconds later, Harry came whirling out of his fireplace, carrying a small handbag. He was wearing a Weasley jumper and a pair of worn jeans, looking extremely huggable.

Draco helped him out of the fireplace and gave him a tiny peck. "Merry Christmas, Harry,"

"Mmm," he said, kissing him back. "Merry Christmas, Draco."

Harry stood up and dusted off some stray ash. His eyes settled onto his. "You look so handsome, sweetum."

"Well established, but okay."

Harry shook his head and chuckled. "You know you're going to be forced into a Weasley jumper about ten seconds after we arrive, right?"

"Yes, but it doesn't hurt to look presentable before I start looking ridiculously domestic," he quipped.

"All right. You haven't eaten anything?"

"Yep. Just as you instructed."

"Good. Get ready for the fullest stomach of your life," Harry winked.

Draco laughed. "Got the presents?"

"Right here," Harry raised the tiny handbag. "'Mione's undetectable Extension Charms."

"She's incredible, really."

Harry beamed and took him by the hand. "Ready to go?"

Draco exhaled, steadied himself then nodded. "Yeah."

"Let's go." Harry kissed him on the cheek and they apparated, winding through a black and compressing tunnel.

They landed in front of a homey household that was several stories high. It looked extremely crooked, but Draco could almost smell the merriment radiating from inside. Then, Draco reminded himself that was just the smell of breakfast.

Harry knocked on the door.

The door swung open and Ron stood in the doorway, sporting a maroon jumper with an R.

"Mate!" he exclaimed, giving Harry a one-armed hug.

"Happy Christmas, buddy."

"Hey, Malfoy." Ron gave him a light punch on the shoulder and Draco returned it.

"Happy Christmas to you too, Weasley."

Ron led them inside and the table was already crowded with flaming red-heads. Everyone was wearing a Weasley jumper except Fleur, who Draco guessed might've rather died before actually putting one over her head. The dining room was no doubt cast an extensive charm because there was no way it could have fit fifteen people.

He was greeted by a scurry of 'Merry Christmas's, with tight hugs from both Mrs. Weasley and Hermione, handshakes from Mr. Weasley, Bill, Charlie, Angelina, and Audrey, a much more formal one from Percy, double-cheek kisses from the Fleur, a clap on the back from George, and a loud and hearty laugh from Ginny when he struggled to call her 'Ginny' and said that he could call her Ginerva instead.