Chapter 49

[Harry]

"Mmm, no fair," Draco pouted as Harry broke off the kiss. "It's still Christmas vacation, we're supposed to cuddle until noon and then eat a ton of Cadbury," he whined.

"I know, I'm sorry, love," Harry said apologetically. "But it's the last day, and we all have to go running some errands," he said as he fastened his tie.

It was peculiar to see Draco still in pajamas and all disheveled at eight-thirty in the morning, but it suited him. Spending all Christmas break's nights spooning each other to sleep was definitely the greatest idea in the universe.

Harry smoothed out the wrinkles of his un-ironed shirt (Draco refused to do it since he's abandoning him) and pulled the covers over the pouting Draco.

"Come one, sweet, don't look at me like that!"

Draco merely hmphed and crossed his arms over his chest.

"I promise I'll be back right after noon!"

Draco lifted his eyes just slightly. "Will you cook cream of tomato?"

Harry rolled his eyes but smiled. "Fine." He stooped to kiss Draco on the forehead.

Draco stuck his tongue out at him.

"So eloquent," Harry commented. He stooped down again to capture his lips.

"Bye, love!"

Draco merely let out a melodramatic grunt as Harry apparated.

With a crack, Harry landed on the Ministry of Magic's apparition point.

Strolling over to the lift, he good-naturedly nodded and greeted those he recognized, and shrugged off (with some difficulty) the regular harassing gossipers.

"Level two, Department of Magical Law Enforcement," the cool female voice said. "Auror Headquarters, Improper Use of Magic Office, and Wizengamot Administration Services."

Harry stepped out and arrived in front of the familiar Auror's office. He was greeted by the usual "Good, Potter, you're early," by Travailler. Ever since he started his- er- thing- with Draco, he usually came in early, which bade well for the experienced Auror.

"Good morning, Auror Travailler," Harry responded.

"Nothing much today, just some errands-" he rifled through his desk drawer and pulled out some files and handed them to Harry.

"Oh, right, I almost forgot-" he rummaged through his briefcase this time, pulling out another document.

"Mr. Paisible will be absent today, apparently something happened when he was teaching his seven-year-old nephew to duel or whatnot- anyway, his training Auror, Auror Gunderson- informed me that you will be completing his errands with Ms. Ferox." He handed the document to a dumbfounded Harry.

"Well, then, shouldn't take long, you'll be able to finish before noon even with Mr. Paisible's workload. Everything all right with the Healing courses, Potter?"

"Yes, sir."

"Good, Potter. I expect great things from you." With that, Travailler sat back down behind his enormous desk, which was Harry's cue to leave.

He left for his cubicle, still dumbfounded. Of course Chris would be absent, why wouldn't he be? He's so going to pay for this, Harry thought angrily. Now he was forced to work with Amira Ferox.

Furiously flicking through his papers and accidentally ripping one page, he scribbled down his paperwork in a foul mood, jabbing his quill so hard into the parchment it left a huge splotch of ink.