the press disater

a/n : just real quick for the purpose of this story we are gonna pretend the red bull garages are in bristol cause thats where y/n lives but max verstapphen still lives in belgium. also because there is 2 max were gonna have max v and max o.

it has been 3 months since my contract was announced and the press have been crazy.

this morning i woke up at about 9 and decided to go to my favourite coffee shop for some breakfast. i get out of bed after checking all my social media. i get dressed into some nike pros and an oversized hoodie. i brush through my hair so its not messy and put on some pastel air force ones.

i leave my house and get in my car to leave. when im driving i get a call from max o my best friend so i make sure my bluetooth is connected and answer.

y/n : "hey max hows it going?"
max : "its going great i was phoning to see if you wanted to go get breakfast somewhere cause we haven't seen each other in a while with all your press and meetings."
y/n : "yes bro that sounds awesome im on my way to the coffee house right now i could drop by and pick you up if you want."
max : "that sound good how long to you rekon you'll be?"
y/n : "about 5 minutes so be ready."
max : "all right see you then."
y/n : "bye bro."

i then change the my direction so i go by maxs house on the way there. once i get there i honk my horn and he comes out. hes wearing black jeans and a bristol city shirt. he gets in the car puts his seat belt on and we drive away.

y/n : "no one asked you to come in fancy dress."
max : "very funny but you could have at least made yourself look presentable."
y/n : "haha i look amazing what are you on about."

we talk for about 10 minutes before we arrive at the coffee house which is my favourite coffee shop and where me and max would always hang out when we were little.
we both order i get my classic hot chocolate and 2 crumpets while max gets a glass of hot milk and some roast with strawberry jam.

y/n : "so you still only drink warm milk?"
max : "hey its the best."

we go find a seat and eat our food while talking about things including our jobs.

max : "have you heard much from ben lately?"
y/n : "not really the last i talked to him was the day my signing was announced but havent really spoke to him since. he seemed really distant though i really think something might be wrong. im worried about him max."
max : "look y/n hes been missing training for the past few weeks. nigel isnt happy with him. we need you to talk to him without him were not as good. so y/n please talk to him."
y/n : "ill try."

we continue to talk about maxs season and how good he is doing with bristol city. that was until we looked towards the door and it was swarmed with press.

y/n : "crap we need to get out of here."

we look around for somewhere to leave and couldn't find anywhere until i hear a friendly voice.

lando : "y/n follow me."

we follow lando out the back door and we get in his car to wait out the press and paparazzi.

y/n : "thank you so much lando i didnt think we were ever getting out of there."
lando : "no problem."
max : "lando bro i havent seen you since school."
lando : "all right max its great to see you."
y/n : "wait you two know each other."
max : "yea we went to school together."
y/n : "nice. wait so lando you know ben then."
lando : "yea we were mates. how is ben anyway i havent seen him in missions."
y/n : "probably just sitting about. we havent heard form him in a while. no one has."
lando : "aww crap i hope hes ok."

we talked for about a half hour before we me and max decided it was time to go get my car and drive home.

lando : "bye guys see you later."
y/n : "bye lando thanks again."

me and max walk off after saying bye and giving lando a wave. after i dropped max home i was about to start driving back to my house but thought maybe i should go see ben. i drive to bens house and knock on the door. he dosent answer but i know hes home because the living room tv is on. i bang on his door louder luckily he doesnt have have many neighbours.

y/n : ben its me open this door right now before i kick it down.

after about two minutes of banging on his door he finally answers.

ben : what the hell y/n why are you banging on my door.

i storm in and sit at the breakfast bar and motion for him to sit with me.

y/n : "ben what is wrong with you. you have been off the grid for god knows how long, not answering peoples calls or messgaes not posting on social media. i was with max today and he told me you've been misisng training. i thought something happened to you i was scared i thought you died. what the hell happened to you."
ben : "y/n listen. nanna has been sick. we didnt want to tell you because well with your new contract and everythinng we didnt want to distract you."
y/n : "ben we tell each other everything we always have since the day i was born. and we made a promise when mum and dad died that we would never keep secrets so ben next time something like this happens tell me please."
ben : "okay y/n."

we talk for a but before max o messages me:
y/n you need to look at this news story that has been released. (link to story)

i click on the story and it reads:

2021 red bull driver y/n major spotted in coffee shop on what many people are calling a date with bristol city goal keeper max o'leary.

today at 10:30am paparazzi took pictures of y/n and max at the coffee house in bristol having what looks to be a romantic breakfast together. pictures show the two laughing and having much fun.

once the two noticed paparazzi they left with none other than mclaren formula one driver lando norris. was this a date between 2 of bristols top athlete's or not neither y/n or max have commented on this event yet so keep and eye out on the twos social media accounts for any updates.

WHATTTT i thought to myself we are best friends i would never have a romantic relationship with him. i love him and all but no. i then decided i need to address the the matter so posted a photo on instagram.

@y/nmajor

could people please understand that me and max have known each other since we were children he may be 3 years older but we are and will always be best friends none the less

could people please understand that me and max have known each other since we were children he may be 3 years older but we are and will always be best friends none the less. we aren't dating and we didnt go on a "romantic" meal we went for breakfast as friends. i love max and all but we are not dating and we never will. @maxoleary

comments turned off for this post