wrong (JJ and Rafe)

summary: Y/n is a pogue, but she dates a kook, Rafe Cameron, when something happens she has to take a side to trust: Her boyfriend or her friends.
word count: 1668
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Y/n pov:
I'm a pogue and I always have been. I live right across the street from JJ and I hang out with him and our other friends all the time. The only problem is I'm dating a kook, Rafe Cameron. JJ and the others absolutely hate him. They've become more tolerant now that I'm dating him, but they still don't hang out together or anything.

It was a typical day and I was at Rafe's house waiting for him to get home. I sat in the Cameron's living room with Wheezie watching Criminal Minds. I heard a car pull up and sure enough it was Rafe. "Hey Wheeze I'm going outside." As soon as I walked out the door Rafe started "Y/n you are never going to believe what happened. John B that friend of yours shot sheriff Peterkin." "Rafe I know you hate him but that's not funny at all" I argued back, it made me mad when he would make fun of my friends. "No I'm deadass I saw the whole think my dads still there trying to help her." "No f-ing way Rafe I gotta go" I said as I ran to my car. He tried to stop me but I drove off too fast.

I didn't know where to go. I didn't think that John B could do something like that but if he did I didn't want to be around him. I called JJ. "Y/n, hey, where are you, are you safe, Rafe shot Peterkin stay away from him." "Hold on JJ slow down. Rafe told me John B shot her" I said. "Oh come on JB wouldn't do that." "Rafe wouldn't either!" I argued. "Come on y/n you have to believe me pogues don't lie" he pleaded. "Look Jay I just need some time to think" I said as I quickly hung up the phone so he couldn't respond.

What was I going to do. Who do I believe. I'm so screwed right now and I don't know who actually did it. I mean I've known John B forever and he's like a brother to me and he would do anything to protect me how could he do this. On the other hand Rafe is my boyfriend and he could never shoot someone even when he's high on coke. I realized I was driving aimlessly. I can't think. The whole town was looking for John B so it has to be him right? God I wish I knew what to do. I should've been there.

I decided to drive back to Rafe's house. Even if it was him he wouldn't hurt me he will protect me no matter what. Right? I pulled into his driveway and went running to him. "Y/n I was so worried he got to you too" Rafe said. I don't know how but tears were streaming down my face. I felt so safe in his embrace. I pulled out of his hug and said "Rafe can we go to our spot I really don't want to be here right now." He agreed. Our spot was on the cut just a few blocks away from my house. It was a pretty little beach with big rocks that we use as chairs. It was my comfort place.

When we got there we didn't talk we just looked out at the waves crashing into the shore. The oceans music, as I liked to call it, was so peaceful it could put me to sleep. I decided to break the silence "Rafe who actually killed the sheriff?" "GOD didn't I tell you already! You don't listen do you. It was that nasty John B. WHY DONT YOU BELIEVE ME IM YOUR BOYFRIEND NOT HIM" Rafe yelled so loud I think the earth shook. I hate it when he gets mad because it honestly scares me. It never used to until he started coke. I sat there silent, tears streaming down my face. "SAY THAT JOHN B DID IT NOW" Rafe yelled again. I couldn't, I just couldn't betray him like that. Now I truly do think it's Rafe and I regret not asking JJ where they all where. God I need my friends right now.

Rafe stepped closer and he was getting more and more angry at me. All the sudden he pushed me down into the water. He was trying to drown me. I was panicking. This is it I'm going to die right here. "Rafe stop it's me, stop it Rafe, I cant-" I was cut off as he pushed my head underwater again. I was trying to get air into my lungs but all's I got was water. I couldn't breath at all and my vision was getting spotty. I heard some yelling but I couldn't tell who it was or what they were saying. I felt Rafe kick my stomach then a gun went off. I felt someone pick me up and I instantly started coughing.

JJ's pov:
"Y/n can you hear me" I screamed at her. I couldn't believe what I just saw. Her eyes were shut but she was coughing up water. I held her in an upwards position trying to help her get the water out of her lungs. Her eyes started to flutter open. "Y/n wake up come on keep your eyes open for me." She opened her mouth like she was going to talk, but she couldn't get any words out. I realized tears were falling out of my eyes. I was so scared when I saw Rafe had her. She looked so lifeless. Once she was fully conscious I said "Come on y/n we have to get up we have to get you out of here I stole my dads car you just have to walk to there." She nodded

Y/n's pov:
JJ got up and put his hand out for me to grab. My upper body was so sore I don't remember what all happened with Rafe besides the drowning. Once I got up I leaned most of my weight on JJ and my head began to spin again. "It's ok y/n I have you, your safe now" I heard him say. He helped me walk to the truck, which felt like it was miles away. Once we got there he lifted me up into the passenger seat.

"How'd you find me" I asked as soon as he got into the car. "I was looking all over for you everyone else was with John B and I knew you were with Rafe and I didn't want him to hurt you. I went to your house and I could hear you screaming." After he said that I was quite. What was I gonna say. JJ just looked at me and took my hand. "Thanks JJ really" I said to him but he didn't respond.

"Ok so the plan is to go pick up Pope and Kiara and get my dads boat and meet John B with it so he can escape" JJ explained to me as we drove off. As soon as Pope and Kie got in the car they were asking me questions but JJ shut them down. He knew I had a rough day and I couldn't be reminded of what just happened. I fell asleep in the truck and the next thing I knew we were at the dock and John B was saying his goodbyes. He whispered in my ear "Y/n I'm glad you came back to the pogue side, there's one thing you need to know Mr. Maybank over there is madly in love with you, give him a chance." I just kissed him on the cheek and said goodbye.

After JB left the cops pulled up and took us all to their investigation tents. I just sat there and thought to myself what a day this has been. They asked us all questions and then I fell asleep on JJ's shoulder. I woke up and the next thing I knew John B was headed straight into the storm and he wouldn't turn around.

The cops came into our tent and told us they lost John B. Everything after that was a blur, I saw Kiara's parents and Pope's parents come and engulf their kids in hugs. I buried myself in JJ's chest and Pope's dad pulled us into their group hug.

I dont even remember getting home. I think the cops dropped us off but I honestly don't know. I walked in my front door and yelled "I'm home" even though I knew no one would be home. JJ followed me. I turned around and looked him in the eyes as I said "JJ don't ever leave me ok? Rafe is gonna come back for me I just know it." That was enough for JJ to kiss me. When I didn't do anything he pulled away "Too soon?" he questioned. "I- I just uh today it's um been a lot" I responded. Deep down I loved JJ back, but not at this moment I need a break from today.

I grabbed his hand and led him to my room. "You can sleep here with me tonight" I said. He's stayed at my house plenty of times but never in my room with me. I changed into pajamas and laid down in my bed. JJ laid down too but he was on the other edge. I know he wanted to give me space and all but I needed him right now. I placed my head on his bare chest and and closed my eyes. He kissed the top of my head and whispered "I love you, I'm so glad you are safe." I whispered "I love you" back and his heartbeat put me to sleep.