youre a kook hes a pogue (john b)

Summary: You are Toppers twin and your boyfriend is John B. Topper disapproves of you two and he decides to take matters into his own hands, but at what costs.
word count: 1482
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Y/n pov:
It was a typical day and I was getting ready to go to John b's house. I go to his house almost everyday because we can't hang out at mine because of my brother, Topper. I love him and all but come on why can't he just get to know John B before hating him. They've always hated each other. John B doesn't say much about Topper, but his friends do. We are different social classes and that's the way it was. We were used to it. At least my parents somewhat excepted him.

I grabbed my keys to my jeep as Topper yelled at me "Y/n I actually have different plans for you today" he said as he grabbed me by my shoulders. "What no get away" I yelled as I tried to push away from him. He was stronger than me and then Rafe came up and grabbed on to me too. I was fighting them every way as Topper shoved me in his B and W. "What the hell where are we going" I yelled. "A boat ride" Topper said, "Yeah it'll be fun, hangin with the kooks today y/n" Rafe giggled as he talked. I didn't know what to do until I realized I could text John B.

I texted him, but it was just random letters because Rafe looked back at me. We have each other's locations, so hopefully he can find me. I needed to get out of this. Rafe is crazy and sometimes Topper is too.

We got to the place where we store our boat and Rafe yanked me out of the car. "Ouch" I whined but he didn't care. l started to kick and scream and that's when Topper joined in. He threw his hand over my mouth and said "Don't you dare cause any attention to us, you better watch it." Rafe grabbed onto my neck as a warning so I was quite until the boat started to go.

Rafe drove as me and Topper fought. " You're a kook, he's a pogue" he wouldn't stop. "Now you have to agree to break up with him." "NO" I yelled as Topper punched me in the stomach. "This is for your own good y/n" Topper retorted. "Shit man, someone's following us" Rafe said. Ah I recognize that boat it's John B.

"What the hell where's your phone" Topper said as he searched my pockets. He got it and threw it in the water. "What the hell" I said but he complete ignored me and instead talked to Rafe, "Step on it." The boat went faster and I almost fell off. Where the hell were we going. Topper just kept yelling at me about how bad John B was for me and the family reputation. I was crying. He was making up dumb stuff and I didn't understand how my twin brother, my other half, couldn't except the one I love.

John B was still hot on our trail and I began to call out for him "John B John B save me please HELP." "SHUT UP POGUE WANNA BE" Topper yelled in my face. "You wanna be with him so bad huh y/n" he said next. "Yeah" I whispered unable to talk any louder. "Alrighty then, Rafe hit the sandbar and take off" Topper insisted. It was too late for me to react.

I flew off the boat and hit my head on the way down to the water. "OW." I blacked out.

John B's pov:
I had been following this boat forever. God I have to get to her. All the sudden the worst thing ever happened. They flung y/n off the boat. Her lifeless body splashed in the water. I didn't know what happened on that boat at all. She looked so small.

By the time I caught up to her I shut off the boat and dove in. I grabbed y/n's body and hoisted her up. She wasn't awake. I got us to the sandbar and checked that her heart was still beating. "Y/n please don't leave me" I pleaded. Her breathing was labored and she was struggling. I got her onto the boat and took off as fast as I could.

I stared at her lifeless body as I docked the boat. She had bruises everywhere and was unconscious still. I loaded her in my car and raced to the ER. I weaved in and out of traffic and the speed limit didn't even matter.

As soon as I got here there I called out for help. They took her away and asked me to explain what happened. "Well I was just got a weird text from y/n so I followed her location. She was on her boat with her brother and Rafe. They were racing away from me, but I stayed on their trail. Then they made a sharp turn and she fell out and they just drove off. I got to her as soon as I could and they just found her like that" I explained. They made a police report and called in Rafe and Topper. Y/n's parents came, but they wouldn't allow me to see her. I was so damn worried.

Y/n's pov:
I slowly opened my eyes. It was bright. I looked around the room and noticed I was in the hospital. I saw my mom, dad, and Topper. "Where's John B" I repeated in a panicked voice. "Y/n you need to calm down ok we can get him in here soon but we need to talk to you first and so do the police" my dad reassured me. After talking to my family for a little bit I found out I haven't been awake for two days and I had some broken ribs, a concussion, and I had lung problems from almost drowning but they were pretty much fixed.

I was still so scared. I knew Topper lied to everyone about what had happened. My mom explained to me what John B said and what Topper said. Fuck. I knew that was what was going to happen. The doctor knocked on my door and asked if I was ready to talk to the police. "Only if John B is in here" I said. My parents looked at me and agreed.

The police man asked me to explain everything before I even got a chance to say anything to John B. "Well my brother, Rafe and I decided to go out on a boat ride. It was all good and we were having fun. I saw John B's boat and I decided I was going to dive in and hop in his boat. My brother didn't see me hit my head and they drove off, it was a total accident" as I finished John B stepped in "No that's not what happened, it's not." Tears were streaming down his face as I cupped his cheek, "John B that's what happened, it just looked bad from your perspective. I'm ok." He just sat there as the police man thanked me for telling him what happened.

"Can we have some time alone now please" I begged my parents. They agreed and my whole family left. As soon as the door shut John B started "Why would you lie to protect your brother y/n? He could've killed you!" "Because John B they wouldn't have believed me. Topper knows how to get himself out of every situation and my parents would have made me stop seeing you" I fought back. "Well while I saved your life, brought you to the hospital, and slept in the waiting room for two days because your parents wouldn't let me come see you Topper thought of the perfect plan and you walked right into it" He scolded me. "John B please. It's fine. I'm safe now ok. Can we please just drop it" I said as tears streamed down my face. His look softened and he brushed my hair out of my face. "Sure" he said.

I was going to get out of the hospital tomorrow and I didn't want to see my parents or Topper until then. I called them on the hospital phone and told them I was ok to stay the night by myself and they didn't have to worry. It was just me and John B now and he laid in my bed with me. I was basically laying on top of him because it was a twin bed. "I love you" I said and he responded with "I love you more." We both fell asleep all cuddled together with nothing to worry about.