Chemistry (Pope)

summary: Y/n is an honors student and that's how she meets Pope, her biggest crush.
word count: 449

Y/n's pov:
I just got my schedule, all honors classes. None of my friends are in honors classes so it's always awkward for me. I'm a pogue so I work really hard in school so I can go to college. There's only a few other pogues in honors classes, but I don't talk to them much.

On the first day of school, 4th period chemistry, I got sat right next to Pope. He's always been a crush of mine. I've seen him around school, but I've never had a class with him. Every time I saw him in the halls I wished I knew him in person enough to talk to him. He's a pogue like me and he's smart. He's smarter than me, which is so hot.

Through the first week we had small talk about our days and how we hated chem. Every time I saw Pope my heart fluttered. He was so hot. I don't know how someone could look so good at school every day.

We both had the same goals: get good grades, go to college, have a successful career. Of course we had to work out butts of in class for this to work.

Occasionally we would study after school and his friends would stop by and make fun of us. I think they know I like him. My friends think he likes me too but I'm not bold enough to say anything to him.

Every weekend I go to the keggers on the island. That's what my friend group is known for, our crazy tendency to always be at the parties. We could get into the kook parties too.

This weekend Pope and his friends happened to be at the kegger. I had already had a few drinks. "Hey, Y/n" Pope yelled. I instantly turned his head to see him and JJ together. JJ had a joint and drink while Pope's hands were empty. I ran up to them and greeted them and we talked for a bit before JJ went to the dance floor.

By now I had lost all my friends in the chaos of the party. I just hung around Pope cause he didn't mind. "Y/n how drunk are you?" "Just a couple drinks why" I questioned as Pope pressed his lips against mine. I was shocked. I had always wanted this to happen and it finally did. "I'm sorry if that was out of line I've just been wanting to be with you for a while" Pope quickly said. "Nothing to be sorry about" I said kissing him again.