fishing (john b)

Summary: You and John B go on a fishing date but it isn't how you thought it would be.
Word count: 710
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Y/n pov:
I headed over to John B's place in my car. I knew everyone else was busy today so it would just be the two of us. We have been going out for 6 months but we don't get much alone time cause we are always with the group, but I'm not complaining its always a blast when we hangout. As I pulled up I saw him on the dock. "What's going on JB" I screamed. He wasn't expecting me to be over this early but I didn't have to babysit my brother today. "Hey y/n" he said as he ran up to my car.

"So what's the plan for today?" he asked. "I don't know" i replied. "It's gonna be a good day for fishing if you wanna do that" he finally broke the awkward silence and I agreed. I didn't fish much but I don't mind it.

We ended up driving over to my place so we could use my boat. John B drove it as I helped him push it away from the dock. We finally got out to his favorite fishing spot. He set up the rods as I dangled my feet into the water. "What are you going for a swim" he said even though he knows I think swimming is boring. "Alright you ready" "Of course I am" I replied.

About two hours had passed and we hadn't gotten a bite. "Did you happen to bring any food John B" "No, you hungry" he asked. Well duh Im hungry it's nearly three o'clock. "A little" I said quietly "We can head back to my place and go see Kie at the Wreck if you want" I continued a little louder this time. "Ok I'll start up the boat" John B said. It was about a 15 minute boat ride and then we hopped in my car and listened to our playlist until we got to The Wreck.

"Table for two please" I said to the waiter. We hadn't seen Kie yet but she might be busy. We came here all the time and already knew what we wanted to eat. It's always good food and it came out pretty fast and it seemed we ate even faster cause we were starving. Once we paid we talked to Kie and she said she couldn't hang until tomorrow so we had to find something else to do. We headed back to John B's house.

I was tired and I got a text saying my mom wanted me home. Ugh. What could she probably want me home for. She never really cared what I didn't some nights I wasn't even at my house and she didn't care. "Hey JB I gotta go my mom wants me." "Ok what for?" "Eh I don't know but I'll text you later ok" I said while grabbing my stuff.

As I got home I soon found out that I just had to babysit my brother, Terrance. He was only 5 and he's really only my half brother but we have a bond like no other. I just sat there and thought to myself how it was supposed to be a nice date with just me and John B but everything went wrong. I texted him and told him he could come over if he wanted and he did.

John B knocked and I let him in. Terrance was used to him coming over when it's just us and he likes to play with John B. "John B John B will you play superheroes with me?" Terrance begged. Of course John B said yes and they played all around the living room. I made some mac and cheese with paw patrol shapes and he ate it all up while John B went to pick up some ice cream for him. He was finishing up while I turned on a movie. We decided to watch one of Terrence's favorites, Peter Pan. We all three sat on the couch and after about 30 minutes both the boys were asleep. I played with John B's hair. This was definitely one of our best dates even though it wasn't how we planned it.