01

"Hey, what are you all doing!?" A nine year old girl exclaimed angrily at a group of boys, who were ganging up on a messy black haired boy with round glasses.

The girl in question had a pretty untidy look herself - her blue shirt had small patches of dirt on them, the jeans she wore were rolled up to her knees which revealed a few scratches and scars on her legs and a lone bandaid that was sticking her left leg, the white shoes didn't look exactly brand new and clean, and her pigtails don't even have the same color of hair tie.

The boys only sniggered at her appearance, especially since they saw that she was missing one tooth.

"You better scram, girl." The chubby boy, who seemed to be the leader of the group, snarled at the (H/C) haired girl. "Or else you'll end up like this loser here."

"Oh, really?" She smirked as she kneeled down to the ground and grabbed a few medium-sized rocks. "Don't make me throw this at you, Dursley!"

"Ha!" One of the boys in the group pointed at the girl, laughing while watching her throw a rock up and down in her dominant hand. "Try me! You're just a girl; you'll never hit-"

With a scoff from the girl, she took a step back with her dominant leg while aiming at the boy who just laughed at her. With a smirk, she threw the rock straight at the boy's chest.

Sure, she wanted to throw it at his face but she didn't want to be the reason why he was going at a hospital and face serious consequences from her parents.

"Ow!" The boy groaned in pain and stumbled back down to the ground. He took a moment to process what just happened before he started sobbing loudly, snot coming out of his abnormally large nose and tears streaming down to his chin.

"Ah-" The girl's shoulder jumped in fear as she let the rocks fall from her hands. She watched the boy being lifted up from the ground by Dudley, who was glaring daggers at her ragged appearance.

"That was mean! I'll tell the teachers about what happened!" He threatened before walking off with his group, leaving the boy who they were just bullying behind.

"As if bullying others isn't mean!" She yelled out after Dudley and huffed once they were out of sight. The girl walked towards the boy, who was still processing the entire situation. He didn't expect someone to step in and save him, especially in that manner.

"Hey, are you alright?" The girl extended her hand out, a worried expression all over her face. "They didn't beat you up too bad, did they?"

The black haired boy stared at the girl in shock for a moment, then drifted his emerald green eyes at her dirty extended hand. He paused before he lifted his hand, gripping the girl's hand tightly as she took a step back and pulled him up.

"I'm uh... fine." The boy muttered, keeping his gaze at the girl. He didn't know what to feel - should he feel admiration and thankful because she just saved him and this was the first time someone saved him from his cousin, or confused because he didn't know why she would do that.

The girl paused, staring right back at his green eyes. "You have really nice eyes." She compliment the boy, causing him to suddenly feel awkward but he couldn't help the small blush that rushed up to his cheeks when she suddenly complimented him like that.

The girl slapped herself by her forehead and smiled awkwardly at the boy in front of her. "Ah, that was a weird thing to say." She chuckled briefly.

"Sorry, my name is (Y/N)! What's yours?" She introduced herself. The boy gulped and suddenly felt like he shouldn't introduce himself to her. He was known to be the weird kid of St. Grogory's after all.