chapter three: the crash

(We gonna do stuff with some other characters in the beginnings of this chapter!!! Whoo! Hunter wil be there later though because this is his fanfic. On we go!!! Also trigger warning, mention of blood.)

Eda looked back at King and Hooty. King had a sad look in his face while Hooty had his mouth gaping open. Eda sighed.

"There's something off about him." Eda concluded replaying the battle in her mind.

"Yeah, he looked terrified when you knocked his helmet-mask thing off." King said shocked.

Eda looked back towards the forest. "I feel like i should go after him, but i don't want to scare him off." Eda said contemplating.

"I would say wait until he comes back, but i don't know when that'll be." King said, walking up to Eda.

"Why did he have a bandage i wonder?" Hooty asked, slinking next to the other two.

"More importantly, why was there blood running from the corner of his mouth?" King asked, slightly nervous.

"Ah that one may be my fault, i did rough him up pretty good." Eda said, still staring at the forest.

"What do we do now?" Hooty asked.

_______________

Hunter was flying through the forest as he tried to put distance between him and the owl house. The tree branches and spiky plants scratched his face as he flew. There was a tall root sticking high up above the ground. By the time He saw it, it was too late. Hunter crashed head-first into the root, causing him to crash. He groaned and tried to clear his blurry vision.

Hunter slowly stood up with the help of his staff. Little rascal came off the staff and perched on Hunter's shoulder. (I'm going based on what owlbert does, where he comes off the staff, but the staff doesn't dissapear k? K.) The little cardinal chirped, concerned for his witch.

"No, no I'm fine." Hunter tried to say camly, but it came out strained and high pitched.

Another chirp as Little rascal narrowed his eye at Hunter. He sighed, then said

"Alright fine you got me. I feel like death. My vision is blurry, so i can't see where I'm going. I'm freezing cold, i can't breathe through my nose, and it feels like my head is being split open. Are ya happy now?" His voice was no longer high pitched, but was still raw and raspy.

Little rascal tweeted and started flying.

"Really? Uh thanks i guess." Hunter said as the cardinal started flying.

Hunter did his best to follow the bright red blob in his vision. Little rascal went slowly, so Hunter didn't loose him. They soon heard talking again and Hunter glared at his Palisman.

"Why? Why did you bring me back here? I just escaped!" Hunter told little rascal, then realized his mistake.

"Did you hear that?" Eda asked.

"Yeah, yeah i did. Maybe it's him." King answered back.

"Hey kid! Come out! It's ok i promise i won't hurt you!" Eda yelled towards Hunter.

Hunter sighed "there's no getting out of this now, is there?" He mumbled under hus breath.

Hunter slowly came out of the bushes, and looked at the scene. Hooty was in the door like normal, King was sitting on the ground, and Eda was still in harpy mode. Eda slowly approached him. Hunter raised his staff quickly abd Eda put her hands out like she was trying to calm down a wild animal.

"Whoa whoa. It's ok i won't fight you i promise." Eda said, getting a little closer.

Hunter sighed and but his staff down, leaning against it once again. Eda grabbed him and pulled him against her and called out,

"NOW! HOOTY DO IT NOW!"

Hooty hooted and came close to Hunter. Hooty had some-sort of shot in his mouth, he stuck it in Hunter's arm, and the next thing he knew, he was feeling drowsy and started to go limp in the owl lady's arms.

"Good work Hooty! Sorry kid, but this is for your own good." Eda said, looking down at him.

The indescribable looked crossed Hunter's face once again, and he screamed loudly as he fought to get out of Eda's grip. Eda was suprised at his scream, and her grip loosened ever so slightly. It was enough for Hunter to escape though. He hopped on his staff and took off into the forest.

"EDA GO! WE CAN'T LET HIM GET AWAY AGAIN!" King yelled to her.Eda nodded and unfolded her wings. She chased after him.

Hunter looked behind him, and saw Eda following him. He tried to go faster, and not fall off his staff which was starting to be a task all in itself. Hunter felt very tired and when he would almost drift off, his muscles would relax causing him to almost fall off.

"Kid! Uh Hunter? Stop! Hooty injected a seditive in you! Land before you crash please!" Eda called out to him, but he didn't listen and kept going. Eda huffed in annoyance.

Hunter felt very relaxed, and his eyes started to close against his will as black dots danced in his vision. His eyes closed completely and he crashed, just as the owl lady had warned him.