Chapter six: truth

Eda looked down at a sleeping Hunter as Luz showed her friends out. Once Liz had sat down, Eda sighed.

"There's something wrong with this kid, and I don't mean that he's sick." Eda said quietly.

"Yeah, he's very panicky with some things. That doesn't come naturally." Luz confirmed.

Eda nodded and sighed.

________________________________

A few days had passed and Hunter was feeling better, so he decided it was time for him to go home.

"Where are you going?!" Luz asked him.

"Home, Belos must be worried about me." He replied.

"I know he's not a fan of me, but maybe I could come with, as like an alibi?" Luz offered.

Hunter thought about it for a minute, then replied, "I don't think that's a good idea, but fine since I probably can't stop you anyways." Hunter replied tiredly.

"That's right!" Luz confirmed.

Hunter sighed and Rascal came to him and turned into a staff. Luz quickly talked to Eda and borrowed owlbert.

"You ready?" Luz asked him.

Hunter nodded and they took off, flying into the sky. It was mostly a quiet ride, but Luz became confused when Hunter landed at the edge of the forest near the palace. Luz was about to ask, when she saw Hunter hide little Rascal. Then it clicked her brain, Hunter wasn't allowed to have rascal. So he had to hide him.

"Follow me." Hunter stated.

Once they were inside the castle, a shiver ran down Luz's spine. She hadn't been here since Eda, king, and Lilith were almost turned to stone, but it was also a feeling if dread; as if something bad was about to happen.

Then they were at the throne room doors, way too fast for Luz's liking.

"Come on human." Hunter said, snapping her out of her thoughts.

Luz nodded and Hunter pushed open the throne room doors and the pair walked in together. Liz went to stand near the wall while Hunter kneeled in front of Belos.

"Ah Hunter you've returned." Belos said in a chilling voice.

"Y-yes my liege." Hunter replied.

Luz didn't like this at all.

"What is the human doing here?" Belos asked, turning towards Luz.

Hunter immidatly shot up.

"I crashed while flying and they helped me." Hunter quickly explained.

Belos faced him.

"Yeah he was sick and crashed so we helped him out" Luz said.

Belos started walking towards Hunter.

"But how did you get out of the castle in the first place Hunter? Didn't I order you to stay inside?" Belos said.

Hunter's eyes went wide.

"I'm sorry my liege. I-i just wanted to go for a quick fly." Hunter stuttered out.

"So you dissobayed orders and got caught by the enemy. Hunter I thought you were better than this." Belos criticized.

Luz really want to jump in and defend Hunter, but she knew it wasn't her place, she would just make matters worse.

"Please sure it won't happen again." Hunter pleaded.

"I've heard that before. When you brought me to portal key broken and faced punishment." Belos said, his cold voice making the air in the room seem just as cold.

Luz gasped a little bit. She wasn't there, but Eda, king, and Amity told her everything.

Belos' hand turned into a spike and a small noise erupted from Hunter's through as he stood there. Luz was angry.

"But I won't be that mean this time." Belos' hand turned back to normal and Hunter relaxed, looking at the floor.

Then suddenly Belos grabbed Hunter's face and forced Hunter to look him in the eye.

"But next time I won't. Besides those gauges are still healing aren't they?" Belos' voice started out rough and threatening, then went back to it's normal coldness.

Hunter gulped and nodded. Belos let go of his face and walked back to his throne and sat down.

"Dismissed" belos said.

Hunter turned to leave and Luz followed. Once they were outside, Luz spoke.

"You really shouldn't let him treat you like that it-" she was cut off by Hunter speaking quietly.

"Go home human" he said.

"But Hunter I can't just leave you with Belos he-" Hunter whipped around to face Luz.

"I SAID LEAVE HUMAN! please" hunter yelled at her.

Luz wanted to say something, but looking at Hunter's face she sighed giving up. She started to walk away, but looked back and said

"I'll be back someday, I'll help you I promise." When Hunter just stood there with no reply, Luz turned and left.

___________________

While Luz was flying she was thinking, she had to tell Eda and King what she had seen. But one thing stuck in her mind during the entire flight.

I'm coming back Hunter. We're not giving up on you.

A/N

Hey guys! It's been a minute. I promise I will update some of my other books soon, but I already had this one started so..... Anyways please comment and vote. I'll see ya next time Adios. 😸