chapter eight: No escape

Belos stood in front of hunter, tall and intimidating. Hunter could tell that something was going to happen, and it wasn't going to be pretty. Hunter trembled slightly, not enough for Belos to notice, thankfully.

"Hunter, givin your recent disobedience; I have decided to fix that problem so this will not happen in the future." Belos' cold voice rang through the air.

Hunter stood shakily, taking a minute to calm himself. "And what do you have planned, my liege?" Hunter asked with careful precision.

"Well, you will be locked in your room without your staff and your window blocked so you will stay in the castle. Kikimora will bring you two meals a day and I will personally check on you once a week." Belos explained, shaking Hunter to his core.

"But sire, what about my miss-" Hunter was cut off as Belos' vine dagger sliced under his right arm and the right side of his torso. Hunter groaned in pain but made no movements to get away.

"Did I say you could talk hunter?" Belos asked.

"N-no sir." Hunter replied weakly.

"I don't know what's gotten into you. You've been disobeying my direct orders and have forgotten all your manners. I know you're better than this Hunter." Belos said, looking Hunter straight in his eyes.

Belos turned and walked back to his throne. He sat down as Hunter still stood there; waiting to be dismissed.

"You know this is for your own protection; right Hunter?" Belos asked, tilt his head to the side.

"Y-es-s s-s-ir." Hunter stuttered, cursing himself for showing weakness.

"Very well. Kikimora will escort you back to your room to make sure you get there." Belos said, waving his hand to dismiss Hunter.

Kikimora came up beside Hunter and the turned around, leaving the room. Hunter limped slightly as he held a hand to his side, trying to stop the bleeding. Kikimora pretended not to notice his wounds. She had gotten used to Hunter getting injured by this point, so she didn't see a reason to bring it up.

Once they got to Hunter's room, Kikimora opened the door. Hunter stumbled in, and he heard the door shut and lock behind him. Hunter sighed, as he lifted his head to look at the window, he saw that there were bars on his window so he could no longer fly out. He started to panic, he felt trapped Again; like at the owl house. Only this time it was worse; there was no escape.

________________________

"No! Hunter would never fall for that!" Luz exlaimed, shooting down Lilith's sleeping nettles tea idea.

"I don't even see why we're trying to help this brat anyways, I mean all he's done is hurt us hasn't he?" Lilith questioned.

"You weren't here when he was sick lilly! He was absolutely terrified, the poor kid. I can't believe he's lasted this long without snapping" Eda said, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"I say we storm the castle! We burst in staff at the ready!" King said, holding his bunny plushie.

"Are you an idiot king?! We wouldn't even make it to the thrones room if we tried that!" Lilith exclaimed, clearly agitated.

"Shouldn't we get some maps of the castle hoot hoot? That would make this easier right?" Hooty asked, slinking his way into the little circle that they had formed.

"Yeah, you're right hooty! I know just the person who can get us those maps." Eda said, smirking.

A/N

Hey my sparkling little rainbows! Look at this I updated again! I know crazy right? But yeah, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. But I have a question about something. Does anyone remember how when Eda, king, and Luz swapped bodies, and Luz was in Era's body? And remember when she got caught and they almost got her to join the coven. They brought out a branding glove which seems to be how everyone in the emperor's coven get their 'tattoo'? Well Hunter has one like everyone else. That means Belos branded a CHILD! Am I the only one who noticed this? Anyways until next time Audios 😸