Collision

Once Teresa was able to be with her brother, and find out what was going on, she phoned Alison to keep her updated, and let her know what was going on the following day.

"I will more likely have to stay for the week now," she informed Alison with a hint of anxiety in her tone, "Peter will have to have major heart surgery, and his wife shauna is not coping too well, so I think I will have to be here for her and help her".

"Well of course you have to stay there and make sure everything is alright and support them" Alison replied, "Don't worry about things back here, I can cope fine with the Bakery on my own for a week or longer, if need be" she then reassured her.

"Are you sure?" Teresa asked uncertainly, "and will you be alright keeping an eye on my house and my dog Jake as well? I know you got enough on your hands looking after your Gran, because she is not in the best of health as well, I feel bad loading all this other stuff on you"

"Its ok, I can cope fine, Gran is feeling a lot better lately so that is no problem, and its not too hard going in to water your plants then feeding and taking care of Jake while you are away, so don't you be worrying about it," Alison informed her firmly "You just concentrate on helping your brother and his wife through this, and I hope everything goes alright"

"Well the doctors are optimistic that the heart surgery will go well, but of course there are always risks, so we have to be prepared," Teresa replied a little gloomily

"Well you know all our thoughts and prayers are with you, everyone here is rooting for Peter to come through this ok. He might have left over twenty years ago to live on the mainland, but people here still think of him as one of their own" Alison then said.

"I know," Teresa sighed, "Look I have to go, we are heading up to the hospital again, I will give you another call tomorrow and let you know how things are and make sure everything is alright at your end, and I just want to tell you I appreciate you helping me out like this, you are a good girl Alison," Teresa told her again

"Ack now, wouldn't you do the same for me if the situations were reversed," Alison pointed out, "So I don't want to hear no more about it" she told her

In the end Alison was just happy she had convinced Teresa she could cope fine during this time of her employer's personal crisis when she finally hung up on the phone.

Besides, she had been telling the truth it wasn't a big problem for her. After she finished work and closed the bakery up for that evening, she knew that her Grandmother was visiting friends in the village, and would spend a few hours having a cup of tea and exchanging gossip. Which meant that it gave Alison time to call on Teresa's house and check on her black Labrador Jake, who immediately recognised Alison and was pleased to see her.

"Well old boy, it looks like you will have to stay with us for a while, till your owner comes back. But I promise I will take good care of you" she told him as she petted him.

Then she went in search of his food to feed him, and deciding that she would take him a good walk afterwards, just to tire him out for the rest of the night.

It was a rather stormy blustery evening, with strong winds blowing. As Alison took Jake for his walk, but the weather didn't bother her, as she was used to it, and sometimes enjoyed found it rather refreshing. Besides she had made sure she had wrapped up well with a thick coat as well as a scarf and gloves and a hat on her head so she didn't really feel the cold.

She decided to take Jake down to the fields, by the beach letting him of his leash so he could romp  around when she threw sticks for him.

The high waves were dashing against the large rocks by the beach, so she was careful to make sure Jake went in the other direction.