A shocking revelation

"So, I see a lot has happened since I have been away," Teresa remarked as she stood in the bakery with Alison a few days later, after her return.

Alison had been busy filling her in on most parts of what had occurred between herself and Paul Moratti, with the exception of the state he had been in that night she and Jake had encountered him down on the beach.

"Yes I guess it has, and have I coped very well with everything whilst you were away. But I am glad you are back now, and that your brother is recovering well from his operation" Alison then said

"Yes, I was really worried about him, but the doctors says he is doing well, so I came back, and I told Bridie I would visit them again next weekend, to make sure everything is still alright"

"Well you know if you need to spend time with them again, I can take care of the bakery and everything here if need be," Alison told her.

"Hmm, I guess that includes taking care Paul Moratti, the famous chef as well then?" Teresa teased her

Alison's face reddened before she grinned sheepishly, realising Teresa was teasing her, but she was unsure how to respond to it, She was glad a customer came in at that moment to distract them from the subject.

With Teresa back, Alison found she a little more time on her hands; time she ended up spending with Paul.

It had become a habit for her to pop into the cottage on her way home from work, and spend fifteen minutes or so checking to make sure he was ok, and just chatting with him.

Much to Mary's dismay, she noticed Alison seem to always making excuses to slip over to the cottage, and finally decided she had to say something.

"You don't want to be going over there all the time," she tried to advise her light heartedly, "Or that Paul Moratti might end up getting sick of the sight of you"

"Do you think so?" Alison asked, looking suddenly worried, realising her Grandmother might have a point.

After all, Paul had come here for privacy, and maybe she was bothering him too much, only he didn't like to say because he still felt some sort of gratitude towards her for helping him.

But it was hard to say, after all he always seemed happy enough to see her, and chat with her.

She realised she had become a little carried away with their new neighbour, because he was so different than anyone she had ever met before. It had been a bit of a novelty when he had taken a personal interest in her. She now found herself admitting she was flattered by the attention.

They had got on so well together, despite the differences in their backgrounds, which had been surprising too.

But perhaps her Gran was right, perhaps she was pestering him too much. That had not been her intention. It was food for thought, and something Alison was still pondering over the following day as she finished work.

She was about to get on her bike, when she heard a familiar voice call her name, she looked round to see Mickey striding across the street towards her.

She wasn't sure if to feel pleased or irritated with him. But she forced herself to smile pleasantly

"Hey Mickey, how's it going?" she then greeted him as he got closer.

"I was about to ask you the same thing, I haven't seen you around much lately," Mickey replied

"Well I have been busy," Alison replied, "I have been looking after the bakery and everything for Teresa when she was on the mainland, you know her brother had a heart attack?"