Dating Game

I'd been playing the interaction between me and Megan this morning on repeat in my head. My mind focused on my mate's features. When we'd walked in on her in the kitchen this morning, my heart did a flip seeing her there. It was the most basic thing. She was standing at the counter, pouring coffee into a mug. But it felt...right. She belonged there. Every day. She belonged in this house. I pictured her in other trivial, everyday scenarios. Setting the dinner table, baking something in the kitchen- the most adorable dusting of flour on her nose- in the tv room, watching a movie curled up against my side under a blanket, in my bed- our bed- sleeping beside me, in our bed and unclothed, whispering devilish things in my ear as my fingers trailed gingerly down her smooth skin, across her tight nipples, and down between her legs to rub her sensitive bud as I slowly sank into her with all the love and adoration of a mate making love to his beloved.

I pinched my eyes shut, the echo of her moans still ringing in my ears. I tried to reign in my thoughts. As much as I desired to be in that imagined scenario right now, I was putting the cart in front of the horse. I needed to get her interest first before I could do anything remotely close to forming a relationship. Right now, she showed little interest in me for a mate. I chalked it up to her being human. It was likely she didn't feel the mate bond at all. 

I felt a glimmer of hope though when I thought back to seeing her this morning. The second she saw me she started checking me out. I couldn't help grinning as I saw her eyes peruse me from bottom to top. My wolf had purred to me as she finished her assessment, she looks like a wolf eyeing up her prey. I will gladly be her prey. I had to agree with him on that. I didn't hesitate to check her out too. My eyes skimmed the round curvature of her hips, and the slight inward dip of her waist, finally landing on the swell of her breasts that strained against the fabric of her blouse. My cock twitched at the idea of unveiling what laid underneath that flimsy piece of cotton.

But just as quickly my whole being had begun to tremble with the realization that the rest of the men behind me were seeing the same thing, most likely perusing my mate's body with unashamed, hungry eyes. The grin on my face morphed into irritation. And jealousy. I mindlinked the warriors behind me, their laughter and jokes dying off as I commanded them to fully cloth themselves and leave. Most of them followed suit and exited the kitchen. I heard one warrior whisper to another. "The bastard's tryin' to get a good fuck out of that frigid bitch by tonight." The two warriors chuckled to each other as they exited the kitchen. My jaw ticked. I'd deal with them in training tomorrow. They would not get away with insulting my mate or disrespecting me.

Brett was the only one who didn't exit the kitchen. I tried to ignore him as I sparked up a conversation with Megan. His snort shortly into the conversation quickly reminded me that he was, annoyingly, still there.

After Megan had left for work and I had washed up from practice, Brett and I met in my office to discuss business.

"I say we pull our investments in the construction in Abu Dhabi in favor of buying out the chain of Marriots in Singapore. Most of our hotel investments have been successful up to this point. They bring in a hefty amount of cash flow. And security," Brett droned.

I nodded. As a pack, we make our money through investing. The money that we make off of investing is used to pay the pack members who hold jobs within the pack, such as Cook, the teachers, infirmary staff, security, etc. Pack members could choose to have a job off pack property and domain if they so choose, but we are not responsible for paying their salary then. Most decline this option. Some invest what we pay them on their own to double their profits. My sister Sabrina's husband was in real estate. He sold many of the properties in Gearhart and some in Portland. My friend Spencer tought classes at a college in California virtually in addition to working as a warrior. I wondered what Megan would do once she accepted being my mate and the Luna position. Would she forfeit her own career for the greater good of the pack?