Sixteen: First Day

I finally wrote chapter 15!! It should be before this one after 3 days. I'm gonna keep it out of order so everyone can read it, then I'll move it back in place.
— —

Thomas,

It's been a while since I was able to sit down and properly write to you. I wasn't able to leave St Mungoes or the Ministry until two days ago. Now that I received proper care, they stamped me with their seal of approval and I moved in with Remus for the time being.

I'm just writing a letter to inform you that I'm okay. They haven't done anything bad to me (other than talk my ear off) and by the end of the week I should be allowed to take my role as Godfather. This has been a dream come true and it is all thanks to you. Thank you for not giving up on me. Your support is the reason why this is all coming to fruition.

Now, enough of the sap. I was told two things that are important. One: after my Mother died she left everything to Narcissa. As of today, Narcissa left everything to you. And before you ask, I don't know why she did it either Pup. While I do have access to the Black fortune as I am now your caretaker, it is you who will be responsible for the House of Black at seventeen. I think it would be best if you spoke to Narcissa about this.

Now, number two: because you're now in charge of the Black fortune. That leaves Harry in charge of the Potter House. While you both have dual partnership now, once you are seventeen, Harry will be solely in charge of the Potter fortune while you're in charge of the Black fortune. That doesn't make you any less of a Potter and I'm sure you and Harry can discuss that when you're older.

By the end of the week I'll come take you and Harry home. I found a nice house close by to the Weasley's that I think you two would like. Plus you'll have your own room and a pitch we can all play quidditch on. And I've already told Molly I'd like the two of you to celebrate your birthday here. It'll be your first birthday out of Azkaban!

I'll see you at the end of the week. Be prepared for the party of a lifetime!

— Sirius 'whickedly talented and amazing' Black

Thomas smiled as he read the letter. Hermione was right. By the end of the week he would finally go home. Sirius found a house and he and Harry could live as a family.

He was also having a birthday! He knew nothing about what that would entail but he was excited to finally have one.

Thomas was in good spirits as he ate dinner with the family. He was formally introduced to Percy who had been upstairs in his room working on "important Ministry business" that he didn't shut up about. He shared looks with Ginny across the table as the others pestered and teased their brother for going on about "cauldron thickness" of all things.

Then after dinner, the others took their desserts and went to the backyard to talk and sit in the warm summer breeze. Fred and George had some items that turned into sparkles in the sky.

That night Thomas didn't care if his bed was lumpy or out of sorts. He felt warm and satisfied. He felt at home.

— —

"ONLY THREE O.W.L.S! FRED AND GEORGE I HAVE HAD IT—"

Thomas opened his eyes when he heard the shouting. Ron was up as well and stopped him from moving.

"When Mum's like that you stay quiet." He warned. "Don't want her to go after you."

Suddenly the door opened and the boys shot up thinking it was Mrs. Weasley. They calmed down when they saw Hermione standing in the doorway instead.