Three: Freedom

Azkaban suffered a blackout when Thomas lost consciousness.

Sirius didn't know all of Thomas's magic attatched itself to Azkaban. Now, whatever magic that was his left the prison and traveled to the sick boy on the brink of life and death. All his life he was powering the prison because it attached to his magic, now he needed that magic more.

Thomas woke after a fifteen hour magical rest. His core was stable enough for him to use again. His magic glowed a brighter green as his eyes quickly glossed over his surroundings. The aura faded as he calmed down. Sitting by his bedside was a worried Sirius.

"Oh thank Merlin." He had only thought the worse.

Thomas looked at him and smiled, vibrant green eyes lighting up his face.

"I feel filthy, think I need one of those bath thingies." Thomas heard of a bath before and he couldn't remember the last time he bathed which was quite some time ago. Azkaban didn't regularly let their prisoners shower.

Sirius flashed him a small smile. "The bathroom's down the hall. I'll make you some supper."

Thomas got out of bed and stretched. Merlin, he smelled horrid! He never wanted to smell this bad ever again.

He walked down the hall, opening doors until he found a room that he imagined a bathroom would look like. He peeled off his rags which was just bedcloth transfigured into clothing and stepped in the porcelain tub. Starting the water, he watched the brown muck come off his body. Years of putrid grime and dirt washed away with a bit of soap and water. He washed his hair for the first time and he realized his hair wasn't brown, it was just brown because of all the mud and dirt. He also found a toothbrush which took care of his poor mouth that hasn't been brushed for what seemed like years.

When he got out the shower he could finally look at himself. There was a large mirror by the door where he could stand and inspect himself. He was very thin and short. His skin was paler than the pristine tub and his green eyes shimmered. He had dark lashes and his thick black hair stopped at his upper back. He noted he looked more like Bella than Sirius.

He found some fluffy cloth to wrap around himself and walked back to the room he stayed in. He searched through the cabinet and found some clothes that didn't fit him. The tunic reached his ankles and he didn't try putting on the pants. The texture of the clothes was different and felt heavy on him. He never worn a tunic with such a silky feel to it.

Thomas walked downstairs, grabbing the railing so he wouldn't trip over his tunic. He reached the bottom floor and heard commotion in another room. He followed the sound and watched Sirius yell at strange humanoid in the kitchen. They stopped shouting once they noticed him. Sirius groaned when Thomas's curious smile appeared.

"Hi strange thing! I'm Thomas. Who might you be?" He asked. It was his first time seeing such a strange creature. The thing was just a foot shorter than he was and it's eyes were all red and watery as if it were sick.

"I am Kreacher, House elf to the noble and ancient House of Black." His voice was deep and scratchy. "What boy is in my master's home? This boy made the house clean which is my job..." The elf muttered.

"I'm sorry for cleaning your house Kreacher. Would you like to do the honors and clean the rest? I only did the small rooms upstairs and completely missed the library and the other higher up places." Thomas offered.

Kreacher smiled. "Yes boy, Kreacher shall clean and Kreacher will do a great job in cleaning." The elf popped away and Thomas chuckled.

"Wonky lil' thing 'innit? Never seen anything like it." Thomas commented.