Chapter Four

DH: We finally did it!

OW: We finished chapter four!

DH: We hope you like this chapter, although we do leave one or two cliffhangers.

OW: We suck when it comes to doing that.

DH: Sorry.

OW: *sigh* We own nothing but Akane Bakura.

DH: And to be honest, we don't want to own her.

OW: Would anyone else like her?

DH: If you would, let us know.

OW: You can torture her all you like.

DH: Just please take her!

OW: First come, first served.

DH: Also, we're putting this up for the Yu-Gi-Oh! Watty Pad Awards in the Yu-Gi-Oh!: Duel Monsters Yaoi Shipping section.

OW: We'd really appreciate it if you voted for it.

DH: We understand if you have other stories you prefer as we know this isn't the best story in the awards.

OW: But if you do vote for it, we'd be really happy. ^0^

-DDLDHoW-

“Grandpa, I’m home!” Yugi called as he walked into the Game Shop, toeing off his shoes.

“Yugi!” There was a large grin on Solomon’s face as he greeted his grandson with a hug. “You’re home early. Is everything alright?”

“Yeah, Ryou’s mom came in while we were having breakfast,” Yugi replied. “I guess she wanted to spend Christmas alone with Ryou or something…” He shrugged.

Solomon gave him an odd look. “I see…” He rubbed his chin. “Would you remind me who Ryou’s mother is? I don’t seem to recall meeting her.”

“I never met her before today either,” Yugi said with a shrug as he took off his jacket. “I think her name’s…Akane Bakura.”

Solomon frowned at the sound of the name. “I’ve heard that name before…I’m just not sure where…”

Yugi shrugged and picked up a card and present that he had left on the counter before leaving for Ryou’s the previous day. “You probably just heard Ryou mentioning her.” He grinned at his grandfather. “I’m just going to bring these over to our new neighbours.”

Solomon nodded. “Don’t stay for long; they’re probably celebrating right now.”

Yugi nodded in understanding and left the warmth of the game shop, trekking across the deserted, snowy street towards Yami’s house. I hope he won’t mind me showing up without telling him…

Banishing the thought, Yugi raised a hand and knocked on the door. All was silent for a few minutes and Yugi frowned. They might have gone to mass or something…  I don’t know if they celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday or not…

Just as he was about to turn around and go back to the Kame Game shop, the door swung open to reveal a tanned, muscular man with grey hair and hard eyes. “What do you want?”

Yugi looked up at him. “Uh…A-are you Yami’s father?” The man narrowed his eyes but nodded. “I, uh…came to give this to him. Well, it’s for all of you really, but-”

“How did you meet him?” The man cut him off.

“I-I saw him through the window.” Yugi swallowed and nodded across the road at his home. “We’re neighbours and from my room I can see into your attic, and I saw him at the window.”