Chapter Eight

DH: Yeah, we're a bit early this time.

OW: And we promise, this chapter does have some comic relief.

DH: And we finally know where we're going with this!

OW: Yes, we started it without any real plot.

DH: But the plan is that they'll get out of the attic in a while and that we'll do a few chapters with shippings and closing everything up and then we'll end it.

OW: It's not a particularly long story but we're proud of it.

DH: Hope you enjoy!

OW: We own nothing!

-DDLDHoW-

Bakura cringed as his wrists were bound by rough rope and he was pushed against the wall face-first. "Don't turn around," Aknadin warned in a growl.

Bakura swallowed, squeezing his eyes shut. He heard Aknadin walk over to the table and there was a quiet 'sheen' sound.

Aknadin returned and Bakura tensed as the blade of a dagger was placed at the top of his back. "Do you remember that night?"

Bakura's eyes widened and he shook his head. The knife was dragged down his back in a straight line and he yelped.

"I think you do, 'Kura." Aknadin smirked, placing the knife near the fresh wound at the top of his back. "How your mother woke you up in a panic and told you to hide with your brother?"

Once again, Bakura shook his head. Aknadin dragged the knife down again, this time making two lines. One vertical and one horizontal at the bottom of it.

"You ran out to find him. You didn't know what was going on, but you hid when he told you to."

Bakura bit his lip. The knife was plunged into his back again. Four lines this time.

"You heard all of my followers but you didn't move. Even when you heard your dear mother's screams."

Tears burned the edges of Bakura's eyes but he refused to let them fall. Another wound. Three lines.

"You managed to hide from everyone, but when you and Akefia came out from whatever bush or tree you were hiding in, you stepped in blood." Another wound. Two lines. "Didn't you?" Another wound. Two lines.

Bakura squeezed his eyes shut again. He could feel the sticky substance around his feet even now; not dried yet, but half-way there. Pooled on the ground like water after a storm. Lines of dead bodies on the streets.

"Then you saw us leading the survivors to the cave." Another wound. Three lines. "You and your brother followed us." Another wound. Four lines. "You didn't know how you weren't caught by soldiers since you were always caught by the people who worked in the market on Sundays when you tried to steal something." Another wound. Four lines.

Stop...

"You watched as we killed them." Another wound. Three lines. "You watched as mothers were forced to kill their children." Another wound. Two lines. "You watched as they wailed over their loss." Another wound. Two lines. "Such an annoying sound." Another wound. Two lines.

Bakura was beginning to go numb. The pain wasn't as bad. The physical pain anyway.

"You wanted to help but you couldn't." Another wound. A circle. "You were too young." Another wound. A semicircle. "Too weak." Another wound. One line. "And then you were found." The knife was held teasingly over his back.

Stop.

"Your brother told you to run. And you did." Another wound. One line. "You left him behind." Another wound. One line at the top of the last one. "He told me all of this when I questioned him." Another wound. One line in the middle. "And you've always lived with the hope that he's still alive, haven't you?" Aknadin leaned close to Bakura's ear. "Well let me put your mind at ease. I killed Akefia Touzoku." A final wound. A line at the bottom.