Chapter Five

DH: Alright! We're finally back!

OW: We're so so sorry we've been out of action for three months, but we promise, we'll make up for it.

DH: We'll post the next chapter pretty soon as a repayment.

OW: And the one after that.

DH: Anyway, hope you enjoy.

OW: We own nothing!

-DDLDHoW-

"Yugi... My brothers and I... We need your help."

No matter what Yugi did, he just couldn't get Yami's voice out of his head. He groaned and leaned back on his bed. His hair was even wilder than usual due to his lack of sleep the previous night.

But how could he have slept after what Yami had told him? And he didn't even know how to help.

He closed his eyes for a moment.

"We're locked in the attic."

That explained why he never saw Yami outside or in any other room in the house.

"Our father tortures us every day."

That explained why Yami often disappeared at random intervals without much warning.

"We need help, Yugi. I...I don't know how much longer we can go on like this."

That was the part that didn't make sense. Of all people, why would Yami, Bakura and Marik turn to him? Little Yugi Mutou who was often mistaken for a ten year old, who had the strength of an eight year old. No, a seven year old! What could he do?

"We can't call the police; if he finds out, he'll kill us."

That limited him even further. Without the authorities, he could do nothing. He couldn't even tell his grandfather; if he did, Solomon would just call the police, which was the only thing Yami had specified that they couldn't do under any circumstances.

"Please Yugi. You know I wouldn't ask you if there was any other option."

Yugi swallowed and sat up, his feet not even touching the ground as he swung his legs over the edge of his bed.

There was a soft knock on the door. Yugi sighed and stood up, swaying before walking to the door and opening it. On the other side stood Ryou. "Breakfast's ready," he said only to see how tired Yugi was. "What's wrong?"

"I just... I didn't sleep well," Yugi mumbled, shaking his head.

"Why? What happened?"

Yugi sighed and walked back over to his bed. He sat down, gripping the sides of his head. "I need to help them... They need my help, but I don't know if I can do this?"

"Who needs your help?" Ryou asked, sitting down beside Yugi.

"Yami and his brothers," Yugi whispered. "Their dad... He... He does things he shouldn't and he locks them in the attic... If the police find out and he knows about it, he'll kill them all... I can't even tell Grandpa because he'll just call the police and say that their dad wouldn't know about it..."

"So why are you telling me?" Ryou asked in confusion.

Yugi grabbed his head again. "I need to tell someone, Ryou; I can't do this alone! I'm not good enough! Not strong, or smart enough!"

"Yugi!" Ryou gripped Yugi's wrists and pulled them away from the smaller boy's head. "You're all of those things, and more." Yugi opened his mouth to protest, but Ryou cut him off. "No, listen to me, Yugi." Yugi hesitated but closed his mouth again. "They wouldn't have asked you for help if they didn't think you could do it. You are strong; you're smart, you're brave and you're definitely good enough. Sure, you might need help, but that doesn't make you weak. The fact that you told me makes you even stronger because you were able to recognise that you need help even if you mightn't want it." Ryou squeezed his hand. "So how about this; we call up the others and get them to meet us at Burger World later today and you can tell them about it and I know that they'll want to help as well."