Chapter Two

DH: Yes, it's finally finished!

OW: The second chapter of The Boy in the Attic is here and it's over 3,500 words!

DH: Which we only do if we're seriously into a story.

OW: Hope you guys enjoy!

-DDLDHoW-

When Yugi woke up the next morning, the first thing that he did was check his phone for texts. To his delight, he found that he had received two. The first was from Yami, responding to his last message with a maybe. Yugi felt heat rise to his cheeks when he saw what Yami had called him.

"Aibou," he whispered, a small smile growing on his face. Then he opened the second text, which was from Joey Wheeler.

Heya, Yug! Anything new on the Christmas party for tomorrow?

Yugi paused. Every year, he and his friends celebrated Christmas together by sleeping over at someone's house on Christmas eve and then returning to celebrate with their families the next day.

And every year, someone had to plan the party. Usually it went in a circle, going from Malik, to Tea, to Joey, to Serenity, to Ryou, to Tristan, and finally to Yugi. And since Tristan had organised for them to celebrate Christmas at the hospital with Serenity after her eye operation last year, it was Yugi's turn.

Another smile formed on his face.

I think so,  Joey. You know how Ryou said that his dad would be visiting him for Christmas?

Yeah, what about it?

He can't make it, so Ryou would be all alone.

Would be?

Yugi waited for Joey to realise what he was hinting at. Sure enough, a few minutes later, Joey sent another text.

Ah, I see what you're getting at! So we surprise him by throwing the party at his place?

Yugi groaned.

No; no surprises! You know Ryou hates them.

...

Joey... please tell me you didn't already text Malik...

Just after he sent the text to Joey, he got a text from the blonde-haired Egyptian.

Hey, so what's going on with the surprise party at Ryou's tomorrow?

-TombKeeper-

Yugi groaned, running a hand through his already-messy hair.

No! No, Malik! There's no surprise party! We're going to tell him about it when we see him today!

#Spoilsport XP

-TombKeeper-

Would you stop using hashtags and signing your texts like that?

#-TombKeeper-

-TombKeeper-

Yugi sighed and decided not to respond to the text.

-DDLDHoW-

Yami was a late riser, but midday was late, even for him.

He groaned and sat up, rubbing sleep out of his eyes.