Chapter Fifteen

DD: Hey guys! So I know a lot of you were upset in the last chapter that after waiting for over a month, you still didn't get to know what happened to Yugi. So I wrote this a bit early and decided to give it to you today! Fun? FUN! Also, to clear something up, the last chapter was mainly about getting everyone else's problems sorted so that I could focus on Yugi. Now; it's the moment you've all been waiting for! KILLER QUEENS; START YOUR READING!

-DDLDHoW-

Yugi groaned as he cracked open his eyes. Too bright...

He closed them again. Then he frowned and opened them. Wait. No it wasn't. It was pitch black.

He tried to stand up. Even during a new moon, it was never this dark in his room. There were always streetlights or helicopter lights or something.

His breath caught in his throat. He tried to stand again. Something was stopping him.

He twisted his head to try and see what it was before remembering that he couldn't see.

He wiggled his hands around and winced when he felt a rough substance rub the sensitive skin on his wrists.

Wait... Why was his skin sensitive all of a sudden? He tried to swivel but his chest was stuck to the back of the wooden chair he was sitting on.

Wooden chair? Why wasn't he in his bed?

His breath started to quicken. He tried to move his legs. They wouldn't budge an inch. They were stuck to the legs of the chair.

He heard a crash and light shone down on him. He winced and his eyes shot closed. Now it really was too bright.

"Welcome to the land of the living," a voice chuckled.

Yugi blinked a few times, squinting. He could hear footsteps. Slowly, his eyes adjusted and he looked around. A... cave?

It was too rough to be a basement. The walls were too rocky and damp, the floor wasn't smooth enough and there were patches of moss everywhere.

But there was a door.

He looked up at the person that had entered as they grew closer. "Who...?"

He trailed off as he met a dual-coloured gaze. His eyes widened. He tried to scramble back, but the chair prevented him from doing so.

Aknadin chuckled. "You have no idea how refreshing your fear is. I haven't had a taste of fear in months." His smirk became a glare. "Not since you liberated my nephews."

Yugi swallowed the lump in his throat. He tried to glare. He wasn't sure if he succeeded or not – Aknadin's expression didn't change. "Good."

"Oh. Feisty." Aknadin snorted. "Sort of." He crouched down in front of Yugi. "Why do you think you're here, boy?"

Yugi continued to glare at him. "So you can try to get Yami, Bakura and Marik back," he said, proud that his voice wasn't shaking. "They won't fall for it."

Aknadin smirked. "You seem to think that this is a ruse. That I won't kill you if they don't come."

This time, Yugi smirked. "You won't hurt me. You need me."

Aknadin raised an eyebrow, leaning back a bit. "Do I?"

"Of course." Yugi began to relax. "You need me because you know that if you don't have me as a bargaining chip, Yami won't come and Ryou and Malik won't convince Marik and Bakura to help if they don't want to."