Chapter 9

Talk"

'Think'

"Parseltongue"

Chapter 9 – The New King

Harry woke to the soft cries of Nightshade who wanted food. Her eyes were still on the changing stage. Today they looked to be silver with small flecks of black. Harry grabbed her milk off his night stand with a quick glance at his alarm clock. It was 6:30, he had half an hour before he was to meet his friends at the entrance of the Great hall for breakfast at the Gryffindor table. Harry gave a silent chuckle. This morning will be interesting.

"Master?" Amara slithered up the bedpost to lie beside Harry who was feeding Nightshade.

"Yes, my Amara." Harry fell back so his head was next to his beauty. She rubbed her head on his cheek in greeting before pulling away.

"Master, a group of your nestmates are downstairs talking about how to show you your place. They do not have good intentions. May I bite them?" Harry placed Nightshade down on the bed to play. He contemplated his options.

The hat told him he would be out of the ploys but he knew that Ravenclaw had their own hierarchy just like the Slytherins. They kept it quiet, so he could still keep his head down in that way. He knew that since the twins called him their leader and Draco let him lead there would be some trouble. There was no way around it. He needed to take control of the situation. He was going to have to accept the challenges and win. He didn't want to have to do this so early in the game but it also had its merits. He would have at least one whole house on his side and he saw many advantages to that.

"Amara, you told me that our bond can make it so I can see through your eyes and hear what you do yes?" Harry waited for her to confirm his question before continuing, "Go back downstairs and find a place they can't see you. I want to know how they are planning to 'put me in my place' alright Amara?'

Amara gave her answer by getting off the bed and leaving to do as he asked. He slowly got dressed when images and sound invaded his mind. He watched and listened to a large group talk around the older boy Harry remembered sitting in 'his' chair about what they were going to do. The boy, Samuel, wanted to challenge him to a duel. Harry liked that idea. Harry smirked at the current king's stupidity. He should make his best man dual him, that way 'if' he lost he would still be in power. When Harry wins against Samuel he will take Samuel's place as 'King' to Ravenclaw. He listened more as the group was reminded by Kindra County that he was a first year, and as such, they needed to go easy. Harry didn't feel offended by the statement. It just meant that she took her position in the house, as a perfect, seriously. Her job was to watch and take care of the first years. Harry knew she was one who comforted a few of his first-year mates the night before. Harry pulled his mask up, showing nothing of his thoughts. He cradled Nightshade in his hand against his chest, making his way to the door.

Amara sent one last image of the group split up when they heard a door open. They spread out among the common room. Harry closed the link, continuing down the stairway. He stepped off the last step when Samuel stood up from the corner chair. "Harrison Evans Potter. My name is Samuel Carter. I am the King of Ravenclaw and you have been causing waves these past few days. There is an order here and I think it's time you find your place in that order."

Harry raised an eye brown unimpressed. "Really? Should I be feeling intimidated or feel fear, because that little speech only made me get the impression of a spoiled child not getting his way." His cool expression and words infuriated Samuel. Harry kept his mask firmly in place despite the smirk that wanted to spread across his lips.