Chapter 27

Chapter 27: Speaking to the Dementors

My loveable, twisted, people. Welcome back to a new chapter. As always I hope you all enjoy my work!

I do not own Harry Potter…at all… Damn it. Nor do I own the songs mentioned in his story.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"Talk"

'Think'

"Parseltongue"

Chapter 27 - Speaking to the Dementors

Harry sat cross legged on the front desk between Draco and Hermione in the DADA classroom. The twins leaned on either side of the door, while Neville sat between Luna and Ginny on the desk behind Harry. Harry's godparents were all in front of them pissed. Minerva was muttering darkly under her breath, Severus was silent with a murderous look on his face, Remus' eyes were flashing amber as he fought to control the wolf in his anger, and Sirius was the one vocalizing his anger.

"What the hell is Dumbledore thinking? Why the hell didn't he put up protections around the school to keep the dementors out? This is the third time they have come after you!" Sirius paced in front of them yelling and ranting, flinging his arms about.

"Sirius it didn't want to hurt me. I don't think they ever wanted to hurt me. I was always the first to attack when I encountered them. The one last night caught me unaware and when I couldn't fight it without hurting mine. It stayed a small distance away and didn't attack. When it did use magic it was also only after I let my own brush against it. It was curious, hesitant. And it spoke a Parseltongue dialect. I couldn't understand all of what it said but it seemed like it was confused. I understood the words different, death, magic, and gift." Harry tried to explain hoping to calm Sirius down.

It didn't work. Sirius threw his arms up in exasperation. "It could have been saying that you were a different magic user that they will eat because you were gifted to them. Harry-"

"Sirius, enough." Sirius shut his mouth at Harry's irritated command. "I am different. I did die. I have magic but even more I was a gift given to my mother by Mother Magic. I have read that creatures can tell those things. I really don't think they will hurt me."

"They killed you once." Severus spoke up for the first time. Harry understood where they were coming from. He did. His Pack had felt aand watched him die. There wasn't anything he could do about that but at the same time, he was here. He was alive and he wanted answers.

Harry nodded to his point. "It did, but I don't think it did it on purpose. I have been thinking about it all morning. On the train its magic wasn't trying to hurt or kill, it was trying to detain. It was trying to stop my attack. I knew I was getting into dangerous grounds but I kept pushing, kept fighting. It just pushed back trying to stop me. I pushed beyond my limit and as a consequence the drain of my magic and the restrictions the dementor had put on me killed me. I don't know how I returned. I might not ever know, but the point is the dementor wasn't trying to kill me."

The adults blinked, going over all that Harry said. "You gave this a lot of thought Alpha." Hermione whispered, afraid that if she spoke to loud it would set Sirius off again.

Harry leaned back on his hands, tipping his head back as much as he could with Amara around his neck and shoulders. "After it left I didn't want to wake you all up so I sat awake trying to make sense of what happened. Thinking back at the other two encounters it made sense."

"Harrison," Harry turned to Severus. "I want you to stay away from them as much as you can. You may think that they mean you no harm but we're not willing to risk your life on it. I'll do some research and we'll go from there." His voice left no room for disagreement. Harry wasn't going to listen to him but he nodded anyway. If he didn't he would be under constant watch. He couldn't have that.