<<•Prologue•>>

At the CheeseBridge Alley in a dark stormy night, Lightning strikes, illuminating a vine covered wall as the alley was filled with cardboard boxes and crates that has stylized labels.

Footsteps came running on the alley's cobblestone road with heavy breathing from running away. Another lightning strikes again, highlighting the boxes and rubbish in the alley.

Something is coming

Whatever it is, its breath is animalistic as the small child cry.

Clawed feet wrapped in rag run past a box as a shadowed figure runs along cobblestoned road to the end of the lane.

The creature pauses under an arched entryway and turns, revealing glowing eyes, a large mouth full of wonky teeth, and a baby shaped bundle in its arms.

The scene changes to the Cheese Guild, where the night was conscious. A strong fist pounds to the door, as a wheezing voice appear, "Wake his lordship"

Series of locks was being unlatched on the door, the butler opens the double door with a frown, as he starts the close the door but Snatcher pushes against the effort.

"The unspeakable has happened!" Snatcher gasped for air, "We must speak immediately!"

"What is it, Snatcher" A tired voice of Lord Portley-Rind says with a 3year old (h/c) girl is in his arms,

The butler moves aside, revealing a regal man with a white hat at the top of an ornate marble staircase. looks on from the mezzanine. The man in the red hat casts a long shadow across the gleaming checkered floors of the Cheese Guild.

"Boxtroll monsters have stolen a child!" Snatcher says threatrically

Lord Portley-Rind's expression turned into a perfectly horrified look, "No.."

Archibald Snatcher in the door, backlit by streetlights, sheets of rain falling behind him. He's a big man, but out of shape; all belly and no butt, with long shreds of greasy hair sprouting from beneath his crooked hat.

Snatcher nods, "They're no doubt picking their teeth with his adorable baby bones by now!"

"Horrible tragedy... Let's deal with this tomorrow!" Lord Portley-Rind said turning his body to go back to his daughter, who was in his arms, to her bedroom

"STOP—" The butler closes the door as Snatcher shoved his foot on the way,

"Oh, oof!— There's not the worst of it! Next they'll come after your daughter or—" Snatcher struggles but was cut off by the bulter shoving his face out out and slamming the door shut.

Snatcher opens the mail shot and yells through it, "Your cheese.."

"My Gouda?!" Lord Portley-Rind gasped,

"They'll stop at nothing.." Snatcher says in a low tone,

Lord Portley-Rind suddenly flings open the doors, stares wide eyed at Snatcher where he was crouched on the ground near the mail slot.

"You're the town exterminator, I'll pay whatever it takes"

Snatcher stands up slowly as he stepped into the house and into the light with a greedy oily smile, "I don't want money, I want one of those"

He says pointing his white tall hat, making Lord Portley-Rind holds it with his free hand protectively, "The white hat?! You?! Absurd!"

Snatcher turns to leave, moving towards the damp Market Square.

"Alright then. But prepare to say bye bye to your Brie. Cheerio to your Cheddar. Goodbye to your—"

Portley-Rind's resolve disappears, he raises his hand as if to stop Snatcher from leaving.

"Very well! Every boxtroll gone. With proof!" Snatcher desperately says, he stops halfway down the stairs in the pouring rain, his back still turned to Portley-Rind who was cradling his daughter.

"For the white hat?.." Snatcher says in a low purr, he grins as he turns back toward Portley-Rind.

"I will destroy every boxtroll in this town!" Lightning clashes as Snatcher laughs maniacally.

The little girl snuggled more closely to her father's chest in fear hearing such laugh and the lightning's loud clap.

As Snatcher walks away to find and capture the boxtrolls, (Y/N) looks up to her father in a terrified look from Snatcher being a maniac,

Lord Portley-Rind looked down at her with a small smile and leaves a small peck on her forehead, "Don't worry, small pea.. No one would ever hurt you"