It....was you!

As Winnie pulls (Y/N) and makes her way across the crowded square as the weird looking boy follows them.

"Winnie?.. Winnie! What are you doing?" (Y/N) scolded as she was pushed from her back by her sister who ignored her question,

The boy runs to catch up and has to jump over a vendor pushing a cart, making him gasped, "Hey? What the..."

He falls in behind the two sisters as the youngest continues to push her sister forward and nonchalantly circles the tent of a cheese seller.

Winnie suddenly looks back and stares right at the boy, he hides behind a Swiss cheese he swiftly picked up,

Winnie ignores him and heads off with (Y/N) down the street with the weird boy still following,

"Winnie! My back hurts!" (Y/N) hissed,

Then both girls lunges around a corner and disappears! He runs after them, turns the corner and they were gone. Suddenly Winnie jumps out in front of him.

"What do you want!" She yelled, making the poor boy startled, instinctively hide in a barrel.

Winnie peers in at him. (Y/N) behind her follows, "Huh?.. Headbutt boy?"

"You're the worst pickpocket I have ever seen." Winnie complains as she tosses him a coin, (Y/N) raised a brow,

"He is?"

"Here, buy yourself a book on how to be a better thief." Winnie sassed as she walks away shaking her head, grabbing (Y/N)'s wrist,

This made the boy climb up out of the barrel. "Wait! I saw you last night."

Winnie and (Y/N) freezes, eyes wide, they slowly turn back to him. He looks down, too scared to look at the eldest in the eye.

"And they took Fish, and... I don't know where they took him..."

"Ugh, we have tons of fish here in the market.." Winnie complains once more but when he looks up, (Y/N) is right in front of him.

"Ah!"

"You were.... that boy with the boxtrolls last night? Am I right?" (Y/N) softly says, the boy wipes the coal dust mustache from his face.

"Yes."

Winnie then squealed, "Whoah! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!"

Winnie gleefully dances shaking her sister's arm up and down again, as the boy climbs out of the barrel.

"Father didn't believe us but I KNEW IT! How did you escape?!" She asked in excitement,

"We went underground and they--"

"Did they drag you down to their hideous caves?" Winnie interrupts,

"Huh?"

The boy backs up by circling around (Y/N) as Winnie advances, intensely presses him for information.

"Were there mountains of baby bones and rivers of blood?"

"What?"

"Did they eat your family?"

"My family??"

"Winnie, I don't thi—"

"Did they let you watch?! I mean, make you watch?!"

She finally grabs him by the shoulders. "TELL ME EVERYTHING!"

"Winnie, that's enough!"

Freaked out and frustrated, (Y/N) noticed as the boy not knowingly bites (Y/N) on the arm, making her and her sister gasp.

Both sister froze, the three stare at each other with the boy panting, her in shock. Winnie looks down at her sister's arm flabbergasted.

"You bit her..."

"Winnie, its alright, he panicke—"

"I need to find the Men in Red Hats!" The boy hurriedly said,

Winnie looks at the bite mark again. "You bit her with your mouth."

"It's not a big deal—"

"The Men in Red Hats!" The boy demandingly says,

"Why did you bi—" Winnie was about to attack the poor boy, but luckily, (Y/N) stopped her by holding the back of her collar,

"Winnie, behave yourself" She turns to the boy again, "Are you looking for the boxtroll exterminators? They live down on Curd's Way."

"How do I get there?"

(Y/N) points to the Milk Street sign that they are standing under. "Curds Way? Milk turns into it."

The one man band drops a cymbal
BA DUM CHHHH!

The boy turns to go, then hesitates, "It's not true, you know. We don't eat babies!" He then runs off down the street.

"We? What do you mean we?" Winnie growled, still angry at him,

Eggs round a corner and is gone.

"Come back here! TELL ME EVERYTHING!" Winnie takes off after him.

"Winnie! You come back here! I'm responsible for you! Uggghhhhhh" (Y/N) raises her skirt and runs off to the two