Oh god..

Madame Frou Frou's crazily painted face looms over him. People nearby turn and stare. He/She suddenly pulls Eggs away, "Come. Such a naughty boy! We have so much to discuss."

She then changes her voice into a familiar maniac ones, "Alone."

Eggs' eyes go wide as he realizes who it is.

"You're Snatc—"

SMACK!

Madame Frou Frou covers his mouth, and hugs him close, lifting him off the ground.

"Come to snitch on old Snatcher did you?" Snatcher says with Madame Frou Frou's appearance,

As Madame Frou Frou carries him away, he waves to people in the crowd as if nothing untoward was happening.

Sir Broderick greeted, "Hello, Frou Frou!"

"Nice to see you, too!" She greeted back,

He/She then shoves Eggs through a curtain into the dark corner of a closet. Madame Frou Frou advances on, "You really think Portley-Rind will help a nobody like YOU? In this town, you want help, you've got to help yourself! That's what a man does!"

Snatcher adjusts his dress.

"You're a liar! When I tell (N/N)'s father the truth, he'll-- OOF!"

Eggs' tries to run out of the closet. Snatcher shoves him to the floor.

"He'll THANK ME! Because all your little boxtroll friends are going to die tonight." He/She evily says,

"What?!"

"That will make me the most respected man in this town." Snatcher talks to himself as he rifles through the coats searching for something. "They'll have no choice but to give me a white hat."

Snatcher finds what he's looking for a long scarf, "They'll parade me into the tasting room on their shoulders!"

He winds the ends around each fist and snaps it tight as he stalks toward Eggs. "And I'm not going to let that be ruined by some little boxtroll sewer rat."

Snatcher is about to strangle Eggs when the curtain is suddenly pulled aside and light fills the closet.

"There you are, Madame Frou Frou!.. Sorry to interrupt, but you promised Lord Langsdale a dance?" A familiar voice saved Eggs,

"I did?" He/She asks in Snatcher's voice, he then changes to Frou Frou, "I did! Ha! Of course!"

Sir Langsdale, who was waiting, pulls Madame Frou Frou out of the closet and walks her out onto the dance floor. He gooses her. "Oooh! Vatch your hands, monsieur!"

This made Sir Langsdale laugh lasciviously.

On Eggs, as he was grabbed by the wrist and slowly exit the closet. He awkwardly adjusts his collar,

"Thank yo— (N/N)?!" Eggs shockingly says at the different look of the girl, she turns back to look at him with a small smile,

"Heh, you just noticed?.." (Y/N) says, patting her neat hair, Eggs nodded,

"Yeah, you look–"

"Like a lady..." (Y/N) cuts him off and sighed, "I know, people are used to say that to me..."

Eggs was confused, "No, no... You look different, b-but! I-In a good way, y-you know like.. Uhh, from rusty to s-shiny! Or something.. I uh.."

(Y/N) let out a laugh, this made Eggs stopped rambling and watches her, she wiped a tear off her eyes, "Thanks Eggs, that's sweet of you.."

Eggs let out a small smile too, but as he takes in his surroundings. Couples are joined together in a waltz, filling the entrance hall with activity.

Eggs looks up at Portley-Rind at the top of the stairs, then at the impenetrable wall of dancers. He tries to walk through the crowd and is nearly trampled. There is no way to get to Portley-Rind without causing a scene.