Chapter 37

Arnav stood dumbstruck at the revelation of his Bhabhi, in the most unexpected place and in the most unexpected manner. His throat parched, mouth failing to articulate anything.

Slowly, he observed her. She had become thin, weak, eyes sunken and appeared totally dehydrated. Her hair lacked the lustre, the glow on her face gone! She was not the ever smiling, happy Bhabhi he knew! Why was her state in total contrast to the life she had opted for? Was he missing something? Suddenly, the rage that filled him was replaced by worry.

'Arnav!' Anjali whispered, tears cascading down her cheeks, as a slow smile crept upon her lips.

Her voice held the similar warmth, evoking the emotions he had subsided in him since she left, as he felt his own tears pricking his eyes.

'I am sorry', she wept in muffled sobs, closing her mouth by her palms, as her knees felt weak and she was about to crumble to the floor when Arnav rushed to help her and caught her in between.

He saw Anjali's hands twitching by their own, some involuntary movements that surely weren't under her control.

'Bhabhi, what's happening?' He asked, scared.

By that time, Khushi had rushed to their side, holding Anjali's hands in assurance, while Arnav stood petrified.

'Didn't you take your medicines?' Khushi questioned Anjali who looked upon her guiltily.

A few seconds later, Arnav noticed that the twitching had subsided and Anjali was normal, and he left the breath that he had been holding since long, completely clueless about whatever happened.

'What.. what just happened? And what medicines are you talking about?' Arnav queried the two, expecting nothing but the truth out of them. Turning towards Khushi, he asked, 'You found her and you never let me know?' There was accusation in his tone, that was admixed with pain.

Khushi rushed to give her explanation, but Anjali beat her to that. 'Because I denied', she accepted.

Before he could pounce on her, Khushi stood in between shielding Anjali from Arnav.

'Arnav! Listen to me before you assume anything!' Khushi spoke, while Anjali urged her not to.

'There is no point in hiding anymore Bhabhi!' Khushi firmly replied. 'I was considerate of your request all these days, but not anymore. Whatever the truth is, Arnav deserves to know!' She turned, facing Arnav in the eye.

Anjali slumped her shoulders, giving up. She knew, even if she hid in any part of the world, Arnav would seek her out. It was destiny after all! She could not run away from her past!

**************************

Holding his hands by her non injured hand, Khushi stared deep into Arnav's expecting eyes, her mind in shambles, not aware how to reveal the truth. The man in front of her would crumble, again, with the facts but she had to do this! There was no turning back!

'Arnav!' She called her impatient husband, whose nerves of frustration were showing up slowly. 'Whatever I am going to tell you, might leave you in shock, but I urge you to tell me whatever you are going through, rather your usual ways of shutting yourself out from the world. Can you promise me that?' She requested, struggling in herself, buying more time before revealing everything to him.

Arnav was losing his control, worry piling up, as he saw Anjali who was sobbing in a corner of the room. He looked into Khushi's eyes with an agitated look, clearly indicating that he would not encourage any more delay in the impending revelation.

Determined, exhaling deeply, Khushi spoke, 'Anjali Bhabhi.. is suffering from... a disease. It is.. called... Hun... Hunting...' Khushi stammered, her throat parching and her eyes welling up simultaneously.