Chapter 27

It had been three days since the clan returned from Lucknow to Delhi and Khushi was attracted more to her husband each day. She admired him, irrespective of the place and time, her love growing stronger, but there was the fear that also had its roots in some corner of her mind. The fear of rejection! As they say, expectation hurts, and Khushi did not want to build hopes, only to see them withering at the end.

Naina persuaded her to confess many times, but Khushi needed time to assess the path their relationship was heading into. She had no intention to rush things between them and spoil the beautiful phase they were in.

She was in the hospital when she received a call from Aman and frowned at the unexpected call at a very odd time. Nevertheless, she answered.

'Khushi, please come to AR asap!' Aman spoke directly, and she could not help but worry about Arnav. Several ill thoughts and fear crept up in her mind.

'Is Arnav alright?' Was her immediate question and felt Aman sighing at the other end.

'His sugar levels dropped probably and he was about to faint. I fed him sweet and he is conscious but weak', Aman informed, having no other choice.

'I will be there in fifteen minutes', Khushi stated and cut the call, grabbing her keys and bag, and scurried away. Being a doctor, she knew the repercussions, but being a wife and a woman who started loving her man, she could not curb the anxiety that crawled onto her nerves.

*******************

AR Fashions:

'What was the need to call Khushi?' Arnav pounced on his friend, who informed him about Khushi's arrival.

'I cannot take chances. Moreover, she is your wife and she ought to know', Aman asserted, throwing a serious glare at Arnav. It were these times that he could become all bossy over his otherwise bossy best friend.

'I just don't want her to panic', Arnav murmured, still unhappy. More than his health, the thought of she being hurt because of him, ached his insides.

Just then, they heard the door open and Khushi barging in. The lines of tension were clearly visible on her face, and Arnav spared a glare at his friend.

'Arnav, are you okay?' She crouched near the couch Arnav was resting in. 'I had warned you many times to take your medicines regularly and eat on time. You will never listen!' She chided, with concern written all over her. She held his forehand and caught the region near the wrist, measuring his pulse, while Arnav stared at her in adoration. He felt good when she was concerned about him. The feeling was new, but definitely wonderful.

She paid her full attention to his pulse, while his eyes roamed around her strained face. A tendril of her hair on her forehead, disturbed his vision, and Arnav found his free arm forwarding towards it involuntarily, and pushed it aside to have a clear picture of her.

Aman looked at the couple with a soft and warm smile dancing on his lips, amused at the care and love between them. His mind travelled back to those days where they were at loggerheads and the slow progression of their relation was a treat. He loved to admit that Arnav and Khushi, indeed, complimented and completed each other.

Khushi checked his vitals and asked, 'When was the last time you had your blood tests?'

Arnav scrunched his brows thinking, while Aman helped. 'The first time you guys fought at the hospital!'

Two heads snapped instantly towards Aman, and then at each other, the memories of their first meet flashing in their minds. Mirth filled their insides and laughter erupted from their throats.