Chapter 17

It was early in the morning when Khushi woke up, stretching her arms wide in the air. The sun was not up yet, she noticed while the clock showed half past four.

She slowly got up from the bed, making her way to witness one of the beautiful moments of everyday life, the sunrise!

She opened the french doors to let the cool breeze in, that tickled her. Wrapping a shawl around her, she stepped out to the pool side.

The birds chirping around, the tinge of orange in the sky, the gentle breeze, everything just made her more delighted and happy. Sometimes, the nature just touches our soul, automatically spreading merry into our body.

Arnav too woke up from his sleep due to the mild disturbance caused by Khushi opening the poolside door and he let his gaze fall on the woman, who was his wife.

Her intake of a deep breath, with her hairs freely falling at her back, he felt different sensations arising in his body. She was gorgeous, he mused! But quickly diverted his thoughts, warning them not to go in the wrong direction!

Khushi took her own sweet time in admiring the mother nature, that she herself failed to notice that her feet took her very close to the pool.

'Careful', came a loud roar from behind that made her stumble and wobbling, and she fell into the pool with a loud splash of water.

Arnav rushed immediately to her aid, lending his hands to get her back. But fortunately or unfortunately, the water that spilled on the floor deceived him, and he lost his balance and fell in the pool too.

Both were shivering due to the cold water. While Khushi was still shocked at what had happened, Arnav quickly composed himself to get them back on the floor, as they were about to freeze, had they spent few more minutes in the water.

Grabbing her by her waist, he scooped her up in his arms and gently, placed her on the floor while he himself climbed up.

'Go and get changed. You will catch a cold otherwise', he advised and there was pure concern in his tone and eyes.

But how long can a man resist a woman? Is that possible? Her quivering lips, her shivering form but anger in her eyes definitely caught his attention. On one side there was this irresistible urge to take her in his arms and comfort her, while the other screamed that his thoughts are going in the wrong direction.

'It was all because of you!' Khushi yelled at him finally, gaining her voice, albeit being almost frozen by the cold breeze.

Now that diverted Arnav's attention successfully, otherwise he was not sure what would have transpired among the two.

'What the! Remember, I just saved you!' He retorted.

'Its not saving Mr. Raizada! You literally were the reason that I fell into the pool', she accused.

'Excuse me? Probably you did not notice that you were about to take the next step into the pool yourself! Dhyaan kahan tha tera?'  (Where were you lost?)

'I would not have stepped into the pool, but your shout made me stumble!'

'Oh please! Stop blaming Khushi! Its not that you are right always!' Arnav scoffed.

'Even I do not have the mood to fight with you early in the morning and spoil my day!' Khushi spat.

'You know what? It is a waste to expect anything good from you. I saved you from that chilling temperature and you blame me instead! Great!' Arnav sighed.

'You were the one to push me into that. So it was your duty to get me out of it', Khushi pointed.

'Oh really? Duty? Then I am sure you will now regret saying these words', Arnav smirked and swiftly scooped up in his arms and threw her into the pool, but carefully.